Bi-Polar

When Jim pulled up in front of the house, I felt the lump return to my throat. I really did not want to go inside, not without a witness... and a priest, but a pastor was close enough.

"Will you come in with me?" I asked, praying to God he would say yes.

"I will if you want me to," he said, grabbing my hand and giving it a reassuring squeeze. I nodded. He shut off the engine and rounded the car, opening my door. "Everything will be fine," he said, walking me up to the door. As we reached the porch, the front door flew open, and Joe came barreling out, throwing his arms around me in a hug.

"Thank you," Joe said, flashing Jim a smile.

"You're welcome," Jim said, patting Joe on the back. "Where is Nick?" Jim asked, noting the absence of my youngest brother.

"He was out looking for her, I texted him when I saw you pull up. He will be here any minute," he said.

Jim nodded. "Cecelia needs to talk to you. She asked me to stay."

Joe released me from the hug and nodded. "Ok, yea...ok, come in," Joe said, gesturing to the house and putting an arm around Jim's shoulder to lead him inside.

As we turned to go, Nick pulled up out front and hopped out of the car his face was ragged with worry as he hurried towards me.

Shit shit shit...

"I'm sorry," I said, holding my hands out to block him, scared that he was surely rushing me to smack my butt again for all the neighborhood to see. Instead, he threw his arms around me in a hug, squeezing me tight, and I quickly  relaxed into his embrace. Honestly, I had only been gone a couple hours tops they both acted like they hadn't seen me in years.

"Ok, first of all, what is going on between you and Nick?" Joe questioned as we sat down in the living room.

I bowed my head, avoiding eye contact with Joe. "I snuck out last night," I mumbled.

Joe's face immediately turned angry. "Excuse me?" He said his tone thick with anger and disappointment. "Did I just hear you correctly?" I looked at Nick, hoping he would chime in, and I wouldn't have to repeat myself.

"I took care of it," Nick said. Joe nodded to Nick before turning his attention back to me.

"And where did you go?" he questioned.

I started to panic. Jim knew very well I had been with Matt, and I am pretty sure lying in front of a pastor is grounds for going straight to hell, not to mention I still had no clue what Morgan had told Nick. If they found out that I had been with Matt, he would also stand to get into some trouble. Before I could say anything, Jim interrupted my internal freak out.

"I believe she might have been at my house, actually," he said, chiming in like a knight in shining armor. I fought the urge to stand and hug-tackle him.

"Morgan confirmed that when I asked her this morning," Nick said. Oh, thank God, she had heard me.

"Ok, so if you handled her punishment last night, what were you two arguing about after church?" Joe asked, confused.

Nick sighed, rubbing the back of his neck. "My sugar was high, and it was late, so we didn't get to talk about anything last night. I told her we would talk after church, but then she had this horrible attitude and.."

"I DID NOT," I spat, interrupting Nick as he threw me under the bus. "I apologized for sneaking out and for worrying him, and he wouldn't accept it!"

"That isn't true, I just said that you couldn't apologize and expect everything to be ok, you have been getting into a lot of trouble lately and I was attempting to get to the bottom of it until you started screaming profanities in my face," Nick countered.