We Are FRIENDS...With Benefits

The moment the bedroom door shut behind me Morgan started her interrogation, "So how did the meeting go?" she asked wide eyed and ready for details.

"That depends," I said tossing myself backward on the bed dramatically, "are we talking about the part where I did a one on one no consequences chat with Nick and basically told him that he sucks and that he should have taken precautions before 'tapping that' or the group chat that turned into a 50/50 split custody discussion?"

"Split custody?" she questioned looking confused.

"Yes, like half my time here and half my time there...as if I have any interest in playing house with Nick, Cat and their little bastard baby." I spat in frustration before my phone buzzed loudly from the nightstand.

Morgan's brows knit together in shock at my outburst, "That reminds me, you missed a few text messages while you were downstairs." she said grabbing my phone and tossing it in my direction.

I quickly checked my missed texts eager for a distraction from the current topic at hand, "It's Josh..."

Morgan's ears perked up with the hope of gossip, "What did he say?"

"He wants to know if I am mad at him..."

Her expression again turned to that of confusion, "why would he think you were mad at him?"

I shrugged my shoulders, "I sort of...avoided him today..." I said sheepishly.

"You are so hot and cold Cee," Morgan scolded, "You kiss him then you avoid him...why?"

"I dunno..." I whined letting out a sigh of frustration, "We kissed...and we are friends...its awkward."

Morgan sat up and gasped loudly. "You LOOOOOVE him!"

I swatted at her only to get air. "I do not LOOOOOVE him...and keep it down, the last thing I need are my brothers hearing you proclaim my supposed love for Josh!"

Morgan held her hands up in mock surrender, "So, now what?"

I shrugged before looking back at my phone. "Wanna go for a walk?"

"Booty call with Josh walk or just a walk?" She said playfully bouncing her brows.

Shaking my head, I sighed. "I was thinking more like a meet up with Josh and try to figure out what we are doing type walk" I said standing from the bed and pulling Morgan up from the floor, "plus I need to get away from here."

"So how are you going to get out of here?" Morgan asked as I smirked.

Grabbing my hoodie from my desk chair, I threw it on before opening my door. "Simple, I'm going to open the front door and walk out . . . it's pretty genius if you think about it."

"Alright smartass . . . I meant how are you going to get past your brothers?" She asked smirking in my direction.

I paused on the stairs. "Watch and learn." Blowing all the air from my chest I did my best to look defeated.

"I'm going for a walk . . . I need some space to clear my head...Morgan will keep me out of trouble." I said as I entered the kitchen to see Joe working on dinner, Cat and Nick were nowhere in sight.

Joe raised a brow before nodding. "Be home by 6 for dinner."

"Yes Sir." I murmured leaning over and placing a kiss on Joe's cheek before walking towards the front door with Morgan quickly in tow.

'Can you meet? We need to talk' I scrunched my nose the second I pressed send

Morgan watched my face go sour and cocked a brow, "Texting Josh?"