Rumor has it

I walked into the main corridor ignoring the teasing comments from a few male students as I made my way to my locker. Unlike most mornings, Matt was not there to greet me, assuming he must be running late I simply stuffed my backpack into my locker and grabbed my books quickly making my way to Joe's class where I was surprised to find Matt sitting in his usual spot. Sliding into my chair, I set my books down before looking over my shoulder at him. "Hey."

"Hey." He was short with me as Joe entered the classroom.

Furrowing my brows together, I continued to stare at him with confusion. "What's going on? Are you alright?"

"We will talk later, your brother is about to start class." Matt looked towards Joe as I sat there in shock over his response. What the hell, here I was having a good morning and suddenly Matt has to be all grumptastic and ruin it. I felt my good mood slowly drifting away as I sat there wracking my brain over what Matt could be upset over. By the time the bell rang signaling the end of first block I had worked myself into a fine panic, quickly gathering my books I turned to get Matt's attention only to find him gone.

"Everything ok?" Spinning around, I found myself face to face with the guy I was in no mood to deal with.

Sighing, I blew a piece of hair out of my face. "Why do guys have to be such jerks? He completely ruined the chipper demeanor I had going this morning." I said standing from my seat and making my way toward my locker, Josh directly in tow.

"I assume you're talking about that kid Matt and his pissy ass mood?" He asked raising an eyebrow.

Nodding, I stopped at my locker before turning back towards him. "Yes . . . now what do you want?"

"And here I was thinking you were going to be friendly with me." Josh teased a smile tugging at his lips.

Pasting on my best fake smile, I faced him. "Hi, welcome to Cecelia's locker,  how may I service you today?"

"Faking it looks good on you," He said with a smirk, I rolled my eyes attempting to dismiss his somewhat sexually suggestive comment before grabbing my Math book and slamming my locker shut. "Can I walk you to your next class?"

"And piss Matt off more? No thanks." I declined coming off slightly more bitchy than I had hoped. Josh held his hands up in mock surrender.

"See you around Miss Jonas." He said before turning on his heels and heading down the hall opposite of my class. Did he just offer to walk me in the opposite direction he needed to go? That hardly seems to fit the hellion reputation that precedes him.

The bell ending second block could not come fast enough, Math was bad enough without the boy sitting to my right, Charlie, spending the majority of the class whispering snide inappropriate comments toward me.

"You can spank me anytime..." Charlie whispered as Professor Francis had his back turned to the class.

"SHUT UP CHARLIE!" I screamed, finally losing my patience, Professor Francis immediately turning on his heels to glare at the source of the disruption.

"CeCelia and Charles, see me after class." He said simply before turning again to the board.

Fuck me and my inability to keep my mouth shut, but damn I was sick and tired of hearing all this spanking shit.

The bell rang minutes later and the class quickly filed out, except for myself and Charlie who kept throwing eye daggers in my direction. "What made you feel that you had to disrupt my classroom by screaming Miss Jonas?" Professor Francis asked as he came to stand next to my desk crossing his arms across his chest.

"I'm sorry Sir, I...I just couldn't take it anymore, I didn't mean to ...I'm sorry I interrupted," I stammered.

"Couldn't take what anymore?" Professor Francis asked trying to clarify.

"I participated in a debate yesterday on spanking and ever since the boys in the school have made it a point to tease me and ask me inappropriate questions on the topic...including Charlie who spent the better part of class doing just that." I seethed, Charlie immediately shooting me a look of death for throwing him under the bus...I couldn't care less. Professor Francis' glare turned to Charlie who attempted to avoid eye contact.

"I see," said Professor Francis, "Well Charles, if you wanted to discuss spanking, all you had to do was ask...Cecelia, you are free to go." I nodded, quickly gathering my books and exiting the classroom leaving Charlie behind to enjoy his spanking discussion with the professor.

I was happy to see Matt leaning against my locker waiting for me and smiled as I walked up and started to turn my combination. "Do you like your hair pulled when you are spanked?" questioned Matt , his tone clearly unhappy. I stopped turning my combination to glare at him.

"Excuse me?" I questioned hoping for his sake I had heard him wrong, I would hate to have to kick my own boyfriend in the nuts.

"That's just one of the questions I've been asked about you lately." Matt added.

"And your answer to that was?" I was pissed at the fact he had the nerve to ask me that.

"Not the point," Matt said quickly dismissing my question, "care to tell what the hell is up with you and all the rumors?"

Rolling my eyes, I gave him a bored stare. "Nick had a debate in his class. Josh, the new kid, and I debated about spanking and it got . . ."

I trailed off as his eyes glared in my direction. "It got what Cecelia?"

How the hell was I supposed to explain to Matt that Josh asked me if I viewed spanking a sexual . . . frick, how do I get into this situations?

"You're stalling Cecelia." He was not amused, he made that fact quite clear by using my full name...twice, which just irritated the shit out of me. "CECELIA. . ."

"WHAT? Why are you treating me like a frickin 5 year old?" He was starting to get on my very last nerve. "Better yet, they are rumors, MATTHEW, why are you getting so upset before conferring with your girlfriend?"

"I'm trying to find out what's beneath the rumors." Matt said running a hand through his hair, as sexy as it was, it paled in comparison to the anger I was feeling. By this point a large crowd had gathered drawn in by our heated discussion. Hell, he was the one that chose to make a spectacle out of this situation.

Ladies and gentlemen, please take your seats and enjoy the show.

"Josh turned the debate into one of sexual nature . . . hence all the questions." I raised my eyebrows at him. "But since clearly you feel like you can't trust me, I guess you're not going to have to worry about those rumors anymore."

"What?" Matt asked looking confused as the anger coursed through me.

"You won't have to fend off those spanking questions anymore, we're done." I fumed. "If you can't trust me then I don't have anything else to say to you." I said pushing my way through the crowds and stomping toward the courtyard leaving Matt standing frozen in shock.

Chapter End Notes:

DUN DUN DUN...what the...what just happened...did she just....yup...she did...