Drunk People are Heavy

-10:30pm-

Bree was right, parties are not really my thing ...at least sober. Everyone drinking seemed to have been having a wonderful time. That is not to say that making out with Josh wasn't wonderful, it most definitely was, but I don't need a party to do that.

"I thought the plan was to sober up before going home." I pulled Morgan's right arm over my shoulders grabbing her hand with my right hand and bearing most of her weight as I attempted to walk her in the direction of our houses rather than continue to let her wander aimlessly.

Drunk people are fucking heavy...and slow

Morgan giggled erratically tucking her face into my shoulder, "It's all J's fault, he sucks at the ping pongs."

"Firsofol," Jason piped in trailing aimlessly a good 10 feet behind us, "I am bes beer pong champion of the universe and second, you jus dunno because you suck."

"You two make an adorable couple," Josh deadpanned grabbing Jason by the shoulder of his shirt and pulling him in step with us as we entered the edge of Chilton grounds. Our slow drudge across campus seemed to take an eternity and it was obvious that Josh was growing increasingly tired of his drunk charge as he kept roughly grabbing Jason by the shirt and shoving him in the direction of the dorms.

"Why don't you take Jason back to the dorms with you and I will take Morgan," I offered shooting Josh an apologetic smile, "I've got to get home and he is slowing us down."

Josh shot me a pouty look. "Fine," he begrudgingly agreed, "call me in a bit when you are home safe."

I nodded in agreement breaking ranks with the boys and heading toward Morgan's house as Josh and Jason turned and made their way slowly toward the dorms. I shuffled Morgan along at a slug pace and she slowly wore the toes of her shoes out as she drug them along leaning on me for support. "Your dad is going to murder you," I said readjusting her arm over my shoulder as we made it to the edge of Chilton grounds. When we made it to Morgan's house I released her arm from around my neck and pulled her shoulders square to face me, she subconsciously swayed up onto the tips of her toes then back onto her heels as she attempted to make eye contact. "Act sober." I spat attempting to make her focus. Morgan's lips curled into a small smile before she busted out into a fit of giggles. I shook my head realizing my command was falling on very drunk ears and watched as my best friend shuffled up to her front door and disappeared inside. She was so dead. I looked down at my watch and my heart sank, 11pm.

I was so dead.

I arrived home to find Delilah, Cat and my two brothers congregating in the kitchen drinking wine, their spirited conversation quieted at the sound of the front door closing behind me.

"You're late," Joe's words were dark and pointed as I entered the kitchen and sat my purse on the island.

I looked down at my watch, "Only by three minutes," I argued attempting to regulate my breathing having just sprinted the four blocks that stretched between Morgan's house and ours. I knew I was dead, I knew it three minutes ago, no amount of fast talking, puppy dog eyes, arguing or pleading was going to change that fact.

Can't fault a girl for trying though

I watched as the scar between Joe's brows puckered in frustration, "Go to your room."

"Nicky?" I pleaded shooting my youngest brother my best puppy dog eyes in an attempt to change my fate.

Joe sat down his glass of wine and quickly rounded the island closing the distance between us. "Don't you dare try playing us against each other, we went over this multiple times before you left, I warned you not to be late," he said wrapping his hand around my bicep and pointing me toward the stairs, "go to your room." He emphasized the word 'room' with a sharp slap to my butt that even penetrated the thick denim of my jeans.