Peanut Butter Conversion

"So, I don't think you and I are going to work out," I said, spooning a large glob of peanut butter into my mouth as I sat on Matt's bed.

Matt cocked a brow and jutted out a lip. "Why do you say that?"

I turned the peanut butter jar around to face Matt, "You are a Petar Pan man...and I am a JIF girl."

Matt started laughing and shook his head, "You and your peanut butter theories...you are so cute."

"This is no laughing matter Matthew, this is a serious problem," I said, trying to show him I meant business by calling him by his full name.

"And how is that a problem?" he asked cocking a brow.

"Peanut butter brands are like sports teams. Family members or couples need to be rooting for the same team. Otherwise, it could just get ugly," I said, spooning another glob into my mouth.

Matt sat down and stuck a butter knife into my jar of peanut butter, spreading some on to two slices of bread before slapping them together in a sandwich. "It's just peanut butter," he said, licking the knife.

I stared at him for a moment to see if he was joking...he was not. "We just discussed my views on peanut butter, I can't believe you just said that."

Matt chuckled and leaned over, giving me a soft kiss, "Fine, you win, I'll convert."

I smiled, "You would change peanut butters for me?"

Matt nodded, "What do I get in return?" he said with a smirk.

I leaned over and gave him a kiss on the cheek before spooning another glob of peanut butter into my mouth.

"A kiss on the cheek? That's it? I converted for you, woman!" he teased.

"Well, I've never done this sort of thing before. What kind of payment is acceptable for a peanut butter conversion?"

Matt smirked before taking the jar of peanut butter from me and setting it down on the bedside table. "I've never done this sort of thing before either, but I DEFINITLY think one of these is called for," he said before cupping my chin in his hand and pulling my lips to his. "And some of this..." he whispered before running his tongue along my bottom lip begging for entry, which I quickly granted. Soon, he pushed me back to lay on the bed, and his lips traveled down my jaw to my neck, gently nipping strategically over sensitive spots with his teeth. Before I knew it, my peanut butter payment had developed into a full-on make-out session, not that I was complaining...quite the opposite actually, until Matt suddenly flew off me.

"SHIT!" Matt growled, pulling his shirt back over his head. "Shit! Shit! Shit!"

I sat up and cocked my brow, confused. "What? What's wrong?"

"We are late!" he said, pulling me up from the bed and handing me my backpack. I glanced over to the clock...2 minutes till...there was no way we would make it in time for class.

"SHIT! SHIT! SHIT!" I said, repeating his previous chant as I fixed my disheveled pony tail and tucked my blouse back into my skirt.

"Oh my God, your brother is going to KILL me," he said, opening his door for me as I ran out.

"That's not true..." Matt glanced over at me and cocked a brow. "He is going to kill us BOTH," I said.

Matt groaned. "I am so sorry, Cece. I should have been watching the time," he said as we both sprinted across campus toward class.

"It was worth it," I said, flashing him a smile as we ran in through the doors of the school.

Matt and I quickly stopped at our lockers to grab our book for Joe's class before walking the last leg of our perp walk to class.