For You

Hi guys. So I was gonna do a song suggestion that one of my amazing readers suggested, but I got terrible news. If you don't know already, JuiceWrld died a few days ago... I was a big fan and literally just used one of his songs in this story I think last chapter. So to remember him, I'm gonna be using one of his songs. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family....

Caesar POV~

The gang and I were sitting in one of the lounges Jeanette owned. She allowed us to use them since she was close to Jada and the girls.

"Cindy has gotten really good at singing," Jazmine says. It seemed like everyone in the room gave her a look. "What?"

"Why would you bring that hoe up?" Riley questions.

"I was just saying. Please don't tell me you guys all still have beef with her."

"You ain't see that shit she tried to pull with Taiya?" Jada questions.

"N-no," Jazmine grew confused, "What she do?"

"Nothing, Jazzy," Taiya quickly says, shooting a look at everyone. 

"Nah, baby, yo ass can't keep covering for her," Riley says.

"So what happened?" Jazmine asks again.

"Basically," Jessica begins, "Cindy told Taiya that all she is is a piece of ass to Riley and that their relationship isn't going to last."

Before Jazmine could reply, Jeanette knocks on the door as she walks in.

"Hi everyone," she greets. We all waved.

"What's up?" Jada asks.

"Well," Jeanette gives a nervous look and tried to keep her eyes away from us. "I was just informed about you guys next performance."

"Okay?" Confusion dripped from Jessica's voice as she spoke. "What about it?"

"Well, since Huey is the only one in Avenue who hasn't performed he's to perform a song with the lead singer of another group."

"What?!" We all were shocked and confused. For one, Huey already hates singing with any of us. He definitely wouldn't wanna sing with anyone else. 

"I'm not doing it," Huey says.

"You don't have much of a choice, child," Jeanette tells him. "If you don't perform, you and the other group will be eliminated."

We all gasped and Jada shot a death glare at her older brother.

"You're singing that damn duet. I don't give a fuck about how you feel."

Huey scowls.

"Who's the other singer?" Jazmine asks.

"Cindy..."

"..."

If this was a game server, we would've all lost connection. 

"Well," Jeanette begins walking out. "Good luck! You don't have to practice with her if you don't want, but you have to perform."

And with that, she left.

"That bitch did that on purpose!" Riley yells.

"I don't think Ms. London had anything to do with it," Taiya says.

"What? Not that hoe, I'm talkin bout that bitch Cindy!"

"She knows Huey isn't gonna wanna sing and she's risking her win to ensure our loss," Jazmine says. "That's messed up."

"But you bring up how good she's doing," Donte says with an eye roll.

It was time for the performance and Cindy stood by the stage entrance wearing a black crop top with camouflage joggers. Her hair was in one single braid and she wore gold hooped earrings.

"You didn't show up to practice," Cindy says, smirk on her face. "You must not wanna win."

"Just focus on you and what you got going on, McPhearson," Huey says. I snicker, earning a glare from Riley's ex. 

Riley was next to Huey and he scowled at Cindy.

"Don't try no funny shit wit my brother, hoe," he warns. "Don't think I won't fuck yo ass up."

"You act so tough when your little girlfriend is around."

"Ion needa act like shit when Tee around!"

Cindy chuckles.

"Next up..."

"Well, it's our time to go. You better hope our song isn't trash, Freeman," Cindy says looking at Huey before turning around.

"Don't fuck up," Jada tells Huey, "I will kill you and that's a promise."

Huey rolls his eyes, going on stage.

We watch from the TV backstage and hear the music go. 

Cindy: Hate me, hate me, still tryna replace me. Chase me, chase me, tell me how you hate me. Erase me, 'rase me, wish you never dated me. Lies, tell me lies, baby, tell me how you hate me. I bet you don't kiss her with your eyes closed.

Riley scowls.

Cindy: I bet you're still walking on a tightrope. Miss me so much, you've been goin' psycho. You ain't gotta say it, baby, I know (I know, I know, I know) It's a thin line between all this love and hate. And if you switch sides, you're gon' have to claim your place. So baby, this time you're gon' have to seal your fate. Yeah baby, this time you're gon' have to seal your fate. 

Cindy made sure to look into the camera, damn near singing to Riley. No wonder she was happy Huey didn't go to their practices, she wanted it to be a surprise that she had this song in mind. 

Huey: Hate me, hate me, tell me how you hate me. Tell me how I'm trash and you could easily replace me. Tell me that I'm strung out, wasted on the daily. Prolly 'cause there's no one around me numbin' all my pain. Prolly 'cause there's no umbrella to shield me from all the rain. Probably because you're the one playin' the mind games. You hate me because I don't let you play no mind games. They give me migraines and damage my brain. Date me, break me, easily replace me. Hopefully you see it clear, hopefully it's HD. Bet you wonder why the last few months I've been spacey. In your head, I sing

Cindy was visibly upset by Huey's verses. He was mocking her. And he freestyled it at that. She didn't expect it and she didn't like how he was right. She was playing mind games. She was making it seem like Riley was the one doing everything but she was the one making things worse.

Cindy: It's a thin line between all this love and hate (okay). And if you switch sides, you're gon' have to claim your place (okay). So baby, this time you're gon' have to seal your fate (okay). Yeah baby, this time you're gon' have to seal your fate

Their song ended not too long after and Jada laughs as Cindy comes off stage, red faced.

"Don't you look stupid," My girlfriend bellows. "You went out there tryna throw shade but ended up getting the shade thrown right back."

Taiya giggles behind Riley as he scowls at Cindy.

"You not gon say anything?" I asked.

"Nah. Wait till it's my turn to perform. I got something for her ass."

Their song got second place since it was a good song but Cindy's stage presence changed and ruined the end of the song. 

"What made you say all that in the song?" I asked Huey as we packed up to head to our hotel.

"Cynthia is a brat that doesn't like that Riley moved on and she wants to play the victim. So, I simply just used her own verses against her."

I nod, liking how he did that. I guess in the end, it's another win for us.

Hey guys! I know there wasn't much in this chapter but I'm doing two tonight so stayed tuned! Also, the song I used was Hate Me by Ellie Goulding and of course JuiceWrld. Hope you enjoyed!