Hard to Say Goodbye

Time had passed and school was vastly approaching.

Caesar, Jazmine, Huey, and Cindy were all gonna be in college while Riley and I would be in our junior year of high school.

My brother and I honestly regretted this day.

Riley was upset because Cindy was going back to Woodcrest to go to school. She'd be staying with her mother.

I was upset because Caesar was going to New York for school, leaving me here.

Huey and Jazmine both would stay in Chicago but they wouldn't be in the house. They would live in a separate apartment, close to their school.

"Y'all niggas have to leave?" Riley asks.

"Sadly yes," Jazmine says.

"But that just leaves me and Riley," I whined. "I don't wanna be stuck with him!"

"Aye! It ain't like being with yo ass any better!" Riley shot.

Jazmine gave a sad smile, looking back at the clothes she was packing.

"It ain't like we gotta choice," Cindy says as Caesar helps her roll her suitcase down the stairs as she comes wobbling down.

"Y'all can't do online school? You can't do online school?" Riley asks.

"Bae, you know I can't," Cindy goes by Riley, hugging his torso. Riley puts his arms around her and rests his chin on top of her head.

"We really don't wanna leave, but we have to," Caesar says.

"We know," I reply, my eyes averting to the floor.

Ceasar sighed, not saying anything.

Huey comes downstairs too, his suitcase rolling behind him.

"Can y'all stop complaining?" Huey questions. "Its not the end of the world."

"Easy for you to say," Riley mutters, "Yo ass got Jazzy."

"You two will be fine."

"Thanks for being sincere," I growled. "As long as nothing goes wrong with you, you have no problem with anything."

"Oh shut up! They're coming back."

"Unless you're leaving Jazzy behind I don't wanna hear shit!"

"You better watch who you talkin to!" Huey yells.

"No! I won't! I'm gonna keep yelling and bitching and moaning and whining until I don't feel like it anymore! Why? Because I have the right! The father to my kids isn't gonna be with me. Me and Riley got to stay away from our loved ones while you stay with Jazmine and you expect us to be all cheery and happy about it? No we're not!" I felt tears fall down my face as everything started coming to me. I quickly went to my room, slamming the door behind me. This was all too much to handle.

Riley POV~

We watched as Jay left, tears trailing behind her. Everyone looked at Huey, whose face softened.

"You really nessed up, Huey," Caesar says.

"I messed up? You're the one leaving!"

"Babe, you know none of us have a choice. You can't blame Caesar for your jerky behavior."

"Yea Huey, that was fucked up," I say. "You know Jada's more upset about this than anyone."

"Whatever," Huey storms off, taking his suitcase to his car.

"Bitch."

"I'm sorry, Riley," Jazzy says. "He's upset too. He just doesn't know how to express it."