Life in the Windy City

Hiii guys!!! Now is the moment you've all been waiting for! Introducing, the sequel of A Heart After All: Baby Freemans!!!

I also decided to post its early because.. Why not? 😂

No this book isn't all about Jada but it's gonna be in her POV unless I say it's someone else's.. Just a heads up... okay, I'm done.. Enjoy!

Jada POV~

We've been living in Chicago for 2 years now. It's close to the end of May. School is about to end and we've all been really excited to start summer.

Over the years, we've all aged, of course.

Huey turned 19 this past December (turning 20 this December), Jazmine turned 19 in April, Caesar turns 19 in a week, Cindy turned 19 in March, Riley turned 17 in February, Donte turns 17 in August, and Jessica and I are 16 turning 17 in September.

We all lived really well together. Huey and Jazmine shared one room, Riley and Cindy share another, along with Caesar and I, and Donte and Jessica.

We performed on Friday's like we did back in Maryland and we were a lot more famous than we were before. We were actually asked to do record deals from various companies but John thought we should wait it out.

Since MoTown wasn't together anymore, Donte either sung solo or sang with us. He was signed to a record label called Asher and he was out a lot. Jessica went with him, becoming his manager.

It's honestly been really fun living with everyone. There was never a dull moment in the house.

"Who's turn is it to go shopping?" I asked. We had a system when it came to grocery shopping. Everyone week, a couple would go shopping.

"Check the list!" Huey yells from upstairs. I look at the fridge. Our shopping list wasn't there.

"It's not here!" I yell. Caesar walks in, a paper in his hand.

"Riley was adding some last minute things," He tells me, "It's our turn to go."

I grab the list, looking at it. My eyes widen. I go up to Riley who watching TV in the living.

"And why do you need 5 boxes of cereal?" I question.

"So we don't run out," Riley replies.

"Riley, you're the only one that eats this!"

"So? Nigga, if I want 5 boxes of Cap N Crunch then get em!"

I glare at my brother before storming upstairs. I come back moments later and grab the car keys. 

"We'll be back!" I yell, leaving the house with Caesar.

We drive to Costco, I pull the list out of my pocket and look over it.

Milk
Orange Juice 
Paper Towel
Toilet Paper
Bread
Pop Tarts
Dried Apples
Raisins
Soap
Veggie Nuggets
Mac & Cheese

I stared at the long list. There was more than what you see. I rode on the pushing part of the basket while Caesar pushed it. With me being 5'4 and Caesar being 6'4, he could see perfectly over my head.

"Where are we going first?" He asked.

"Cereal," I say staring at the amount of cereal my idiot brother wanted. Caesar chuckled, pushing the cart towards the cereal aisle. Giant boxes of cereal were stacked on shelves. I asked myself why my brother wanted 5 of these big ass boxes.