Surprises

Riley POV~

I was pacing my room. Carter sat on my bed, dressed and ready to leave while I was walking around a complete fucking mess.

"It's not the big a deal," I tell Carter, like his ass gon reply, "It's none to worry about. I'm jus meetin her mama. Not like I ain't meet her before."

I look at Carter who only stared back.

"Fuck am I sayin? I ain't meet her as her boyfriend. Her mama gon cuss me out!"

"Riley?" Taiya asks, knocking on my door, "Are you okay?"

I groan, going into my closet. I wasn't even dressed yet.

Taiya comes in and she couldn't help but giggle.

"Riley, why aren't you dressed?" 

"I can't do this, Tee. I can't meet yo mama like this."

"Well, obviously not," Taiya goes to my closet and grabs me an outfit. "I don't think she's gonna wanna see you in your underwear."

I rolled my eyes, going behind her and putting my face in the crook of her neck.

"You think yo mama gon be happy we datin?" I asked.

"I don't think she'll care, Riley. You're worrying too much."

"But this yo mama. You her only kid, she don't want you to be datin no niggas. Especially ones wit kids."

"My mom is going to love Carter. She won't care that you gotta kid."

I was dressed after a few minutes and started heading downstairs.

"Where you goin?" Jada asked, sitting in the living room with the twins.

"He's meeting my mom," Taiya says, grabbing a water bottle from the fridge.

"I thought he already met your mom."

"Not as her boyfriend," I said. 

"Oh? Ohhh," Jada giggled. "Have fun, Reezy."

"Thanks," I replied, rolling my eyes.

Taiya and I leave with Carter and start walkin to her house.

"Mane, Ion know if I can do this," I say, stopping.

"I would've thought you met Cindy's mom and didn't freak out." I didn't say nun and Taiya noticed. "Oh shit- I'm so sorry, Riley. I didn't mean to bring Cindy up."

"It's cool. Just.... It's cool."

We make it to Taiya's house and she opens the door. 

"Mama!" She called. "Riley and I are here!"

I hear footsteps and here comes Ms. Scorpio. 

"Riley! It's been so long! How have you been?"

She hugs and I smirked,

"I been good. I wanted you to meet my son, Carter."

She looks over at Carter and smiles,

"Awe, aren't you adorable. Hi Carter!"

Carter giggles, putting his hands out towards her. I let her pick him up and follow her to the dining room. I could smell fried chicken, collard greens, candy yams, and mac and cheese in the kitchen.

"That smell good, Ms. Scorpio."

"Call me, Aurora. And thank you, Riley. Taiya told me you really liked soul food so I made my specialty just for you."