The Hardships of College

Jazmine POV~

College wasn't as bad as most sad it was. For Huey and I, at least. We were able to get to classes on time, get homework done and turned in on time, and we still had time for each other. 

Huey was still sticking to himself. He occasionally talked to me, but that was only small talk. Leaving Jada and Riley seemed to still trouble him.

"Babe?" I call from the living room. I hear footsteps before seeing my boyfriend's gorgeous face peek through the doorway.

"Yea?"

"Come, sit."

Huey sits against the couch under me, a look of exhaustion on his face. I could tell it wasn't physical exhaustion.

"I know we've talked already," I begin, playing with his hair, "but you've still been really down lately. Talk to me."

Huey sighs,

"I just feel like I'm neglecting them," he admits. "I've never left Jada and Riley by themselves and now that I have, I feel like I've left them to their own doom."

"How so?"

"They've always relied on me for things. It's always just been us 3. Whenever they needed something or whenever something was going on, they didn't have to worry much because they knew I was there. Now that I'm not, what are they gonna do?"

Huey was scared of them being alone. He still saw them as the 7 and 8 year old's they once were many years ago. He didn't see the growth his siblings had like everyone else did and honestly, he didn't want to.

"Listen," I say, "Riley and Jada will be fine. They've been through so much and been able to learn through your guidance to know right from wrong. I know it's tough to not be with them, but they have to learn to fend for themselves eventually. They're growing, babe. They can't always depend on their big brother to save the day."

Huey sighs, but nods. He knew I was right. He couldn't keep clinging onto them as if they were toddlers.

"I miss them, Jaz," he says. He looks up and tears are in his eyes. "I miss them so much."

I smile sadly,

"I miss them too babe."

Huey turns, hugging my waist. My pregnant belly distancing him from me. 

He doesn't say anything. Just holds onto me as he sobs silently. Being away from Jada and Riley really was taking a toll on him, and hopefully they were doing just fine.

"How about this," I say. Huey looks up, "Call them this weekend. Hopefully they'll understand."

Huey nods. 

Caesar POV~

It was my first week and I was a complete wreck. My roommate was a party freak that constantly kept me up, I was late to almost every class I had, and I just couldn't live without Jada. Everything was just too much and I was so far away from my babygirl.

"You good, Mike?" Xavier, my roommate, asks. He was getting ready for a party tonight and noticed my constant pacing. 

"I'm good," I reply. "I think I just need some sleep."

"Maybe you needa unwind," He suggests. "You don't ever party. Tag along with me?"

I shake my head,

"You know how girls act around me on campus. I'm better staying here."

Xavier shrugged, not really caring whether or not I came anyways.

"I'll see ya later then," He says. I nod, watching him leave.