Performer in Practice

Jada POV~

We told Jessica about Band Blast and our plan to be apart of it. 

"I wanna join!" She says.

"Really?" Jazmine asked, "I thought you didnt like performing."

"I didn't before. But Donte does it so much and now I wanna do it. See what the rush is."

"It's exciting," I tell her, "You'll love it!"

"Don't yall wanna come up with a new name?" Riley asks, coming downstairs with Carter.

"Oh yea, without Cindy we aren't the Crybabies anymore," Jazmine says, thinking. I hadn't thought of that. Cindy did make up the third member of the Crybabies and it wouldn't be the same calling us that without her. Regardless of how I felt about her.

"We'll come up with something when the time comes," I look over at Jessica, "But you can't perform with us for long since you're expecting."

"I know, but I want to be able to do it as much as I can. Plus, with Band Blast, there aren't that many group performances. More so challenges."

"We have a lot of time to prepare so I don't want to sweat it all now," I say, "But I do want to get you used to singing in front of people."

"What makes you think I'm not ready?" Jessica asks. 

"Because let you sing in front of a crowd of hundreds for your first time and freeze up. You'll fuck up the whole performance before we even get on stage."

Jessica rolls her eyes.

"Fine, how do you plan on helping me practice?"

I smiled,

"Leave that to me."

I drove to JEC later that evening with Jordan. Getting inside, John was inside going over paperwork. He looked up when he heard the door open.

"Jada! It's nice to see you," he gets up and hugs me. "And you brought Jackson."

"Jordan," I correct with a chuckle, "But yea, I brought Jordan. I wanted to talk to you."

"Go ahead."

I explained how I wanted Jessica to be used to performing in front of people and what I thought would be a good idea.

"I think if we did a 7 day special at the club, it'll help her get used to performing," I suggested. "What do you think?"

"I love the idea," John agrees. "That'll be experience for Jess and more money for the club."

I smiled, happy John agreed with the idea. That meant, Jessica had to practice her ass off to be ready.

The next morning, I explained to Jazmine what I wanted to do and she was fully on board. 

"I love the idea. I think it'll be great!"

"Good. We just need 7 songs, 3 dances, and 7 outfits."

"I heard outfits," Taiya squeals, coming downstairs. "What are you guys planning?"

I told her about my plan to help Jess and Taiya clapped her hands,

"I would love to dress you guys for this!"

"You wanna be our stylist?" Jazmine asked. "I didn't know you were into stuff like that."

"You didn't know?" I asked Jazmine. "Taiya is really stylish. She's good with outfits and make up."

"Well, show me what you got," Jazmine giggles.

I later told Jessica about what we were going to do and she said she was fine with singing for 7 days straight. She just wasn't too happy about practices with Jazmine. Even though she's never physically practiced with us, she's seen enough practices to know that Jazmine turns into a demon when it came to practicing for a performance. 

"When does this all start?" Jessica asks. 

"3 days," I tell her. "So you have today, tomorrow, and Sunday to get your dances together. The songs are easier to remember than the dances."

Jessica knew she was getting into a load of shit. But she went with it anyways. Jazmine went easy on her today. Whenever Jessica messed up, Jazmine didn't treat her like complete shit. But you could tell she was reaching her limit eventually. Saturday hit and practice was a little smoother. Jessica was catching on to different moves and didn't mess up as much as before.

Caesar walked into our practice studio (which was a building John had built for us and other talents that rented a room to practice) and brought Gatorades and a small snack for us.

"You guys been here for hours. I know Jessica need a break to eat sum since she holding a baby," He says.

"Thanks babe," I huff, trying to catch my breath. Jessica quickly grabs a Gatorade from Caesar and downs it quickly. Maybe we were over working her a little bit.

"I normally hate Gatorade, but this shit is hitting the spot," Jessica says, wiping her mouth.

"Maybe she should stop for the day," Caesar suggests.

"We have a performance in 2 days," Jazmine says. "And she still hasn't gotten the last two parts down."

"But Jazz, if she stays any longer, she's hurting herself. She can finish learning the last two parts tomorrow," I tell her. 

Jazmine looks over at Jessica who was sweating more than anyone.

"I should be fine," Jessica says. 

"No," I say. "We're taking you home. We've done enough for the day."

Jessica nods, not fighting it and Caesar leads her to the car. I look over at Jazmine who wipes her face with a towel.

"You remember when you overworked yourself and you passed out on stage?" I asked. Jazmine sighs, nodding. "I don't want that to be Jessica. We've learned from our pregnancy/performer mistakes. I don't want her going through the same things we did."

"You're right. I just get so into the zone when we practice and I want everything to be perfect, I lose sight of reality."

I put my hand on her shoulder,

"Jazmine, you can hardly spell reality," I chuckled. She moves my hand, giggling. 

We head home, Jessica going upstairs first to shower.

"Damn, yall hoes smell," Riley gags, walking past.

"This what yo breath smell like," I shot, "You should be used to it."

"Yo daddy nigga."

I laughed, 

"Don't make me hug you."

"Hug me, Jada, and I'm beating yo ass. Real life."

Jessica got out the shower 30 minutes later and Jazmine went to shower next. I went up to Jessica's room and knocked.

"Come in."

I walked in, sitting on her bed. 

"You feeling okay?"

"Yea, just tired," Jessica says, sitting next to me. 

"Well, get some rest. If you're too tired tomorrow, we can just skip practice."

Jessica nods. I got up to leave but Jessica grabs my arm.

"How was it like? You know, when you were pregnant."

"It was scary," I said. "I was growing not one but two humans in my body and I was doing so much at the time. But I had people there to help and support me. We've got you, Jess. Don't worry."

Jessica smiled,

"Thanks Jada."

HIII GUYS!!! Good news, my charger was found (in the bathroom box which was weird) and I'm back to updating again! I know this chapter isn't too long but I was trying to get back into the groove of writing. 

A lot has happened in the last month and will all be told in my Diary if you guys are interested. Missed yall!