Decisions

Cindy POV~

Mouths dropped. 

"Y-you're leaving?" Jada asks. 

I looked down. I really have been stressing over whether or not I wanted to tell them that my mom wanted me to sing at her country club. 

"When did you find this out?" Jazmine asks.

"It was a few weeks ago. She called me and told me and I just couldn't tell her no."

"That's.. uh... Great, Cindy," Jada says. She sounded sad. 

"How long are you gonna be gone?" Caesar asks. 

"That's the thing. I don't know. I know I just came back, but I can't turn this down. My mom needs me."

"We understand," Jazmine says with a reassuring smile. "We'll be fine here."

"Yea," Jada smiles. "We're good."

"When are you leaving?"

"Well she's remodeling it now so it doesn't remind her of that man," I gag thinking about my piece of shit daddy. "So in the next few months."

"Are you taking Carter?"

"No. I want him to stay here with his father. I'll be back to visit every month though."

The girls came and hugged me.

"We love you, Cindy. As long as you're happy, we're happy."

I smiled, happy that they understood my decision.

"Well," Riley speaks up, "Before ya'll niggas get depressing, it is Ceez birthday. And I ain't spend money on that nigga to just hear ya'll talk."

Everyone laughs, going to grab gifts they got him as well.

Huey goes first since Riley said his gift was "too good" to be shown first.

"Happy birthday, man," Huey says, handing Caesar a gift wrapped box. Caesar thanks him, opening the gift. 

It was a Black Panther hoodie that I remember Caesar talking about for the longest.

"AYE!" Caesar smiles widely. "They sold out of these."

"Yea, after I bought it."

"Thanks, man."

Huey gives a small smirk.

Jazmine gives Caesar a gift wrapped bag and smiles.

"Why'd ya'll buy separate gifts?" Jada asked with a chuckle. 

"Huey didn't want me taking credit for his gift," Jazmine says with an eye roll, "But I still got something that's very credible as well."

Caesar opens the bag and pulls out a collection of the old Black Panther show that used to come on BET.

"Aye, Jazzy you a real one!" Caesar chuckles.

"There's more," Jazmine tells him. 

Caesar then pulls out the entire Black Panther comic book collection. If you can't already tell, Caesar is a huge fan of Black Panther.

"My summer finna be lit as fuck! Thanks Jazzy!"

Jazmine smiles, giving a small smirk towards Huey. 

"Me next!" I say, handing Caesar a box. He opens it, laughing a lil bit.

"Now you know my ass wanted this game," he says. It was Black Ops 4 that just came out.

"I got a nice lil deal since the manager broke my phone case bumping into me," I flaunt. Riley rolls his eyes. 

"Who goin next?" Riley asks.

"You," Jada says. 

"Why I gotta go next?" 

"Because I'm his girlfriend and I want to save the best for last."

"Mane, whatever."

Riley hands Caesar a small bag and Caesar dives in to grab whatever is inside.

"No fucking way."

"What?" We all lean in to see what it is. Caesar pulls out two Lakers tickets that were court side seats.

"How you get these?" 

"I was saving up and I know you wanted to go to the game so I bought us tickets for next Wednesday."

Caesar gives Riley dap and looks at the tickets again.

"If you love that, then you'll definitely love my gift," Jada says, handing Caesar a small bag, similar to Riley's.

Caesar reaches in and grabs a folded certificate. He nearly drops it, gasping. 

Jazmine picks it up, gasping as well.

"Jada, how did you get this?"

"You know, pull a few strings."

"What do you mean?" 

"Well, guess who got invited to sing the national anthem for the Lakers game?"

"OH MY GOSH, JADA THAT'S AMAZING!" Jazmine and I go and hug her. Jada giggles, 

"So, they said as payment, they'll give me back stage passes."

Caesar picks Jada up swinging her around.

"Jada, baby, you're amazing!" He kisses her face, making her giggle.

"Happy birthday, Caesar."

After all the gift giving, everyone went to headed off to bed. 

I sat on my bed, brushing Carter's curly strawberry blonde hair. 

"They took it better than I thought," I say to Riley who was taking off his clothes. 

"I told you they would," Reezy replies, "Jazzy and Jay gon always understand and support you."

"Yea, I know. But ion wanna leave em."

"You'll be back. Don't worry about it."

I sigh, looking down at Carter who was fast asleep. 

"I don't want to leave my baby."

"He'll be fine. We'll come visit you sometimes too."

Riley leans down and kisses me. 

"Man, I'm gonna miss you baby."

"Imma miss you more."

"I know, ma. Imma miss you too."

Sorry it's short. It's one of those days where like.. This is all I've got. But next chapter will be longer. Hope you guys enjoyed!