Wish Granted

Cindy POV~

That night, we was ready to perform. I came up wit a song that would make that nigga regret bookin us.

"Sorry I'm late!" Jessica says, huffing a bit. She had ran inside.

"You good, Jess," I tell her. "Jus on time."

Country music won't easy to make beats for so we had to use instruments. Jay and Jazzy would me playing the guitar, Caesar (since he knew how to play drums) would be playing the drums, Huey and Jessica was playing the violin And Reezy (wit the otha niggas) was gon be back up vocals. I was singing this alone wit a bit of help.

People packed in, waiting for us to perform. I was surprised to see ma there. She looked good, a bit upset that I was performin tho. But she'd see what was gonna happen and change up.

Wardrobe was a bitch tho. Country outfits won't really my style but Jada and Jazmine had good style and I was actually digging the fit.

I was starting to get nervous tho. I ain't really sing alone like did before. Yea, everyone else gon be here but I'm singing the whole thing alone.

"Its okay," Jada says, smile on her face, "you'll do great!"

"Yea, ma!" Reezy puts an arm around my shoulder, "you got dis!"

I smiled,

"Thanks y'all. Bout to make a bitch cry!"

"Introducing-" I heard my punk ass daddy announce. "The Crybabies!"

The curtains opened. I looked at everyone and took a deep breath nodding. Caesar counted us off before everyone started playing.

I looked over at my ma who gave a small smile, I got dis.

The boys started off With ooh's while Jazzy and Jay played the guitar. I was shocked on how Good Jessica and McHater were wit the violin.

I looked and saw my dad sitting with women swarmed around him. That nigga was gon get got in a min.

I took a deep breath before singing.

(Cindy)

You better take it from me, that boy is like a disease You're running, you're trying, you're trying to hide and you're wondering why you can't get free

He's like a curse, he's like a drug
You get addicted to his love

You want to get out but he's holding you down because you can't live without one more touch

He's a good time cowboy Casanova
Leaning up against the record machine

Looks like a cool drink of water
But he's candy-coated misery

He's the Devil in disguise

A snake with blue eyes
And he only comes out at night

Gives you feelings that you don't want to fight, you better run for your life

I was surprised that I could actually pull dat country shit off. My ma was smirking while my pops looked a lil uneasy.

I see that look on your face

You ain't hearing what I say

So I'll say it again, cause I been where you been, and I know how it ends, you can't get away

Don't even look in his eyes

He'll tell you nothing but lies

And you want to believe, but you won't be deceived, if you listen to me, and take my advice

He's a good time cowboy Casanova
Leaning up against the record machine

Looks like a cool drink of water
But he's candy-coated misery

He's the Devil in disguise

A snake with blue eyes
And he only comes out at night

Gives you feelings that you don't want to fight, you better run for your life

Run, run away

Don't let him mess with your mind

(The girls)

He'll tell you anything you want to hear

(Cindy)

He'll break your heart
It's just a matter of time

But just remember

He's a good time cowboy Casanova
Leaning up against the record machine

Looks like a cool drink of water
But he's candy-coated misery

He's the Devil in disguise

A snake with blue eyes
And he only comes out at night

Gives you feelings that you don't want to fight, you better run for your life

Oh, you better run for your life (x3)

I took a deep breath. That shit was fun asf. Country ain't even that bad to be honest.

I looked over at ma who clapped alone with everyone else.

The women around that punk ass, bitch ass, pussy ass, fuck bucket, was gone and he sat there lookin dumb as hell.

Jazzy and Jay tackled me in a hug, tellin me how good that was. Everything seemed so right.

The next day was our last day in Woodcrest and I ain't wanna end our trip without talkin to Ma.

I knocked on her door, being greeted by a smile that seemed so warmin.

"Cindy! I didnt expect you to be here," Ma opened the door. "Come in."

I walked in, sitting down.

"Hey ma. I wanted to talk real quick before we left."

"Okay?"

I took a deep breath and told her what happened with Cairo and how I was living in Chicago wit everybody. At first, she ain't know how to take it. But then she said she understood and what not, she said as long as I'm happy, she happy.

"One more thing," I say. "I'm pregnant."

"Really?" She raised a brow.

"Yea. We went to Jamaica for Ceez 19th bday and we got a lil too turnt. Reezy and I ended up fuckin and I'm expecting a baby."

"And you're still performing?"

"Yea, I know. But the doctor said it was coo."

Ma sighed,

"How far?"

"9 weeks going on 10."

She nods,

"How do you feel about it?"

"Scared," I state. "I aint really been thinkin bout kids, ya know? Now I gotta think about what I'm gon do now."

"Well," Ma began, "As long as you're happy, I'm happy."

I smiled, hugging my mom. Sum I ain't do in years. It felt nice, I felt safe and loved.

"Thanks Ma."

"Of course!"

Leaving, I felt happy. A weight was lifted and me and Ma was cool.

"Where we goin now?" I ask.

"Virginia."