Performing wit Jae and Reezy

Jada POV~

"No."

"What do you mean no?!"

"I mean no."

"But Hueyyyy!"

"But Jadaaa," My brother mocks. I pout. I wanted Huey, Riley, and I to all do a performance together before we get to the semi finals. 

"Come on, Huey. You did so good in your last performance, and this time you'll be able to perform with your brother and sister," Jazmine tells him.

Huey scowls,

"I'll sing on one condition."

"And that is?" I asked.

"You have to rap."

I blinked. I don't rap. I only did that once with Riley and honestly that was really nerve wrecking.

"R-rap??" I repeat.

"Rap."

"Why is that your stipulation?" Riley questions. "Yo ass makin it seem like that's some hard shit for Jay."

Riley didn't realize I was mentally freaking out. I don't rap. That wasn't me. That wasn't something I did. 

"Um, Riley," Jessica points over to me and Riley sees my panic.

"The fuck you panicking for?" My brother questions. "Yo ass did it before."

"Once! And I only did it in the spur of the moment," I tell him.

"Well, if you don't rap, I'm not singing," Huey shrugs, smirking. I glare at him.

"Fine," I said. I look over at Caesar, "What's our word, baby?" 

Caesar thought for a second then smirks.

"Talk."

"Just talk?" Huey asks. He nods.

"I think this should be great," Taiya says with a sweet smile. "The Freemans, performing together. It's never been seen before."

"And that would make for great stage presence," Donte adds.

"With all three of you being siblings, the chemistry you all have on stage will work perfectly," Jessica said.

As I thought about it, Huey, Riley, and I never did a performance together. I've sang with each individually but never all three of us. 

"Oh," Huey adds before getting ready to walk away, "It has to be freestyled."

"WHAT?!"

And with that, my brother walks away. Singing and freestyling was easy, but rapping and freestyling? That's a different level that I didn't think I was at. 

Our performance was in 3 days and I was nowhere near ready to perform. 

"You still stressing over that rappin shit?" Riley asks. I nodded. He told me to follow him and we left the performance center, walking somewhere in downtown California. 

"Where are we going?" I asked. 

"You'll see," Riley says. We went from being on that good side of Cali to a very beaten up part. The street sign read Inglewood. 

"Inglewood?? Riley, we're in the hood!" I whisper yell at him. He only smirks, hands in his pockets. I glare at him.

We ended up at this abandoned building and Riley goes inside. I groan, following him. Inside where people crowded in a circle. I could faintly hear a beat and people rapping.