Back with Jeanette

Jeanette London. The woman that was once there to help me with my problem with my brothers and find my true self.

I've heard things about her. How she used to sing and had so much soul and power. She was a woman of grace. She was very classy and had this impact on people that no one else had.

I admired Jeanette London. Though I've never heard her sing, I idolized her and how she was.

Jessica said she grew up around Jeanette. Since her mother died when she was young, she always had Jeanette by her side. She was like the grandmother Jessica never really had. Well, that's what Jess tells me.

I'd always wondered why Jeanette never sang anymore. John tells me she was a legend. 

"You might be able to ask her on the way there," Jessica says as we rode on the tour bus. "You are spending two days there and there isn't anymore distractions."

"I wanna hear her sing," I say. "I wanna be able to hear the icon she once was."

Jessica smile looking out the window,

"When I was little," She began, "She used to sing when there were thunder storms. Her voice was so soothing, it could knock anyone out."

I smiled, thinking of my mother that I'd only seen when I was in a coma. She sang during that encounter and her voice was one of the most beautiful voices I've ever heard.

"You know," I say, "I miss my mom."

"You never told me what happened to her," Jessica said.

"She was really sick. Died a year after I was born."

"Do you know what illness?"

"No. Huey and Riley never said and Granddaddy would never talk about her. But what's the point in asking? She's already gone."

"She still lives though," Donte tells me. He points to my heart, "in here. She will forever be in you, Jada."

I smiled, looking down at the winged heart necklace she had given me. 

After days of driving, we finally made it to California. It was hot and the ocean was glistening against the sun.

"Man, how I hate the memories I have here," I said. 

"You'll make new ones," Donte says. "No reason to dwell on the old."

We checked into our hotel, me getting my own room while Donte and Jess shared. I laid back on my bed, tired of days of travel.

My phone went off, indicating a call.

"Hello?" I say over the phone.

"What's good, sis?" Riley asks.

"Reezy!"

I hadn't heard from him since my interview with the Breakfast Club.

"How ya feelin?"

"Fine, been taking it easy."

"Good. Have you checked in with a doctor?"

"Not yet but I plan to."

"Better, don't want nun happening to you," Riley says.

"I know. But I'm fine. This is gonna be my last show anyways," I reply.

"Have you talked to Caesar?"

There was a pause. 

"No."

"Why not-"

"Is that why you called me?"

"No. That's just what came up now."

I rolled my eyes,

"How's Cindy?"

"Good, she starting to show."

"That's good. And Jazzy?"

"Good too. She really showin now. Her ass look like she ate a patch of watermelon!" Riley laughs. I giggle too, imagining Jazzy bigger than normal.

"That's funny," I say. 

"You sound tired."

"I am."

"I guess we'll talk soon."

"Alright Reezy," I reply.

"Love you."

"Love you too."

I hang up, setting my phone back down. I look at the ceiling, thinking about home and how I missed it and my brothers. I put my hand on my stomach, feeling something uneasy.

"It's okay, we'll be home soon, guys."

Short chapter... Next one will be longer... I know, i said this for the last one but when I was writing, i fell asleep in the car lol... But fr tho, i'll write more