Nothing to Lose

Jada POV~

Our performance had ended and everything was going good. So I thought. The moment I saw some sort if panic on the boys face, Jazmine collapsed.

"Jazzy!" I jump at her side, checking her pulse. She was still breathing. "WE NEED HELP!"

Someone called an ambulance and Jazmine was hauled away, Huey inside with her.

"I was trynna tell you," Riley says as he comes up to me, "Jazzy was at her second trimester. Her baby too big and she can't be moving like that!"

"Why the hell didn't you text anyone?" I question. Riley shows me his dead phone. I huff, "Let's go, we gotta make sure Jazzy is okay."

Getting to the hospital, Riley goes to update Cindy on everything while Caesar and I wait in the waiting room.

"You're not doing anymore shows," he says.

"What?!" I question looking over at him.

"I don't want what happened to Jazzy happen to you. No more, Jada."

"But Caesar I'm the only one left. John is gonna lose a lot of money for this tour!"

"What's more important, Jada? Your health or money?"

I only look at Caesar. John was gonna be pissed if I didn't perform and lose a lot of money. Most of the money towards the tour was for us too.

I just get up, walking away.

"Jada!" Caesar yells, coming after me. I only keep walking, not wanting to talk to him. "Jada, stop!"

Caesar catches up, grabbing my arm. I turn towards him.

"Leave me alone!"

"Jada, what the hell? Why're you acting like this?"

"Because who are you to tell me what I can and cannot do? You're starting to act like Huey!"

"You're acting like a child! Jada, what if something happens to you while performing? What if you collapse or worse?"

"Caesar, I'll be fine!"

"I said no more, Jada!" Caesar yells.

"And I say I'll do what I want!"

Caesar growls.

"What's going on?" Riley asks, coming out.

Caesar and I never look away from each other. Riley feels the tension and pushes me away.

"Go cool down," he tells Caesar, "You come with me."

Caesar turns while I just follow Riley to his car.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" He questions.

"What's wrong with me?! What's wrong with him is what you should be asking!"

"Jada, you know he only trynna protect you-"

"Well ordering me around isn't the way. He should be the main one to know how I hate when Huey does that. Him doing it too isn't going to help!"

Riley sighs, 

"Listen, Jay, I know you mad but yellin at Ceez at a time like this isn't really gonna solve anything. You need a minute to cool down and then ya'll can talk again."

I look over at Riley and sigh. He's right, I shouldn't really be mad at Caesar, but I just hate how he's starting to treat me like Huey does.

16 years. I've lived 16 years with Huey treating me as though I have no freedom to do anything. And every time I say anything he shuts me down. Caesar doing that too only takes me back to a place where I used to resent Huey.

A few moments later, Riley and I walk back into the hospital and head to Jazmine's room where she was hooked up to an IV.

"Her vitals are low," Huey says. "She'll be okay, she just needs rest. The doctor said not only was it because of the baby, but because she hasn't been drinking water."

I nod, looking over at my sister-figure who was asleep in bed.

"I heard what happened!" John yells, rushing in. Jessica and Donte were right behind him. "Is she okay."

"She's fine," Huey answers, his eyes never leaving Jazmine. "She's just resting."

"How did she get like this?" Jessica asks.

I look over at Huey who sighed,

"She's made it to her second trimester."

"S-second what now?" John looked at Huey confused.

"She's pregnant, Evans. Her performing was draining her and she hasn't been drinking as much water as she's supposed to."

"Jazzy's pregnant?" Donte asks. My brothers and I nod. 

"How long has she-"

"She's 18 months."

"Why didn't anyone tell me?" John questions.

"We didn't wanna ruin the tour," I explain. "No harm was meant behind it."

John shakes his head with a sigh.

"Just let me know if she's okay."

As he leaves, Jessica comes to my side.

"You and Cindy are too, aren't you?"

I sigh, nodding as I look back at Jazmine.

"Are you continuing the show?" Donte asks.

"Yea, I am," I reply.

"Jada-" Huey starts but Riley places a hand on his shoulder.

"She's gonna be a mom soon, Huey. We can't keep holding her back."

Huey looked at Riley then me before sighing.

"Donte," I look over at the brown boy who was staring at Jazmine.

"Yea?"

"You think you can help me out on the next song?"

He smiles with a nod,

"Do you even need to ask?"

A little later, I was packing in my hotel getting ready to leave for my next show when Caesar knocked on the door.

"You're continuing the show?" He questions.

"I already told you this, Michael."

He scowls, arms folded.

"I can't believe you'd be so selfish."

"How am I being selfish?!" I quickly look up from my clothes.

"You know I don't want you to do the show yet you're gonna keep going?"

"Caesar we need this! Once we're done performing the only money coming to us will be from you and you'll be off to college! If I finish this show I'll be able to have enough money for food and clothes for a while. I honestly think this is me doing good for me and the babies. You're the one being selfish."

Caesar stares at me with wide eyes.

"Fuck it! If you don't want to listen to me then so fucking be it!"

"Then so be it, Michael! You're the one who keeps egging this on!"

"Because I'm trying to protect you!" Caesar yells.

"Well it seems like you're trying to control me more than anything!"

I zip up my suitcase and stand up. I look at Caesar, a cold look that visibly gave him chills.

"Either you support me on this, or get the hell out the way," I push past him as I go to my tour bus. I wasn't gonna let him stop me from doing what I needed to do.