Welcome Back, Scholars!

Jada POV~

Riley and I woke up early Tuesday morning for school.

We've been attending Lincoln Park High School for the past 2 years now, since we've moved, and we really haven't made that many friends.

"You think Taiya gon walk with us today?" Riley asked.

"There's only one way to find out."

Taiya Scorpio was a friend of Riley's. His first friend that was a girl that wasn't a thug that he actually liked. Funny part about it, Taiya was actually a lot like Huey. She loved civil rights, was very articulate, very quiet, but she loved to draw, which was why Riley liked her.

We met Taiya our first year living in Chicago. She lives a couple houses down from us and we all normally walked to school. Her and Riley had art and through Riley, she met me.

I honestly liked Taiya. She was very sweet and was really funny when you got to know her. She was good company to have around.

Riley grabbed the keys and locked the door before leaving.

"Hi!!" A loud high pitched voice screeched. Riley and I turn to see a super skinny boy crossing the street towards us.

"Who's that?" I question in a whisper.

"How the hell should I know?" Riley whispers back. "Should we run?"

"If I wasn't pregnant, I would've been ran!"

"Hi guys!" The boy was right next to us. He wore khakis that were up to his waist and had a white button up shirt with a red bow-tie tied to it. His shoes were black church shoes that looked bigger than his own feet. "I'm London, what's your name?"

"My name is back the fu-"

"Jada," I quickly say, shaking the frail boy's hand. "And this is my brother Reezy."

"Jada and Reezy? You guys seem cool! Hey wait, are that Jada Freeman girl? My cousin Simone talks about you a lot! Yea, she says you're so cool and that you're a really good singer! Hey, you wanna hear me sing? La la la-"

Riley and I quickly walked away as the boy rambled.

"Who the hell was that?" Riley questions.

"The new kid," A voice says. We turn and see Taiya standing there, backpack on her shoulders.

"Tee!" Riley picks up the girl, spinning her around. "Ain't seen yo ass in some shit!"

"Hi Riley. It's been a while," The girl says with a small smile. Taiya waves at me once Riley puts her down. "So you are expecting?"

"You heard?"

"Yea. There were rumors going around but no one knew if it was true or not," Taiya explains.

"Welp, it's true. Caesar and I are expecting twins."

"Congrats! I'm happy for you guys!"

We all began walking.

"So you know that kid?" Riley asked.

"London?" Taiya asks. "Yea. He moved here while you guys left on tour. He's living with Simone's auntie since his parents are going through things."

"Awe, poor kid," I say.

"He's a freshman so we'll only have to see him when we go to school."

"Hopefully, cause that nigga likes to get close."

Getting to school, everyone was happily greeting each other, catching up over the long summer break.

"Damn," Riley and I both said. We were both thinking the same thing. It would be our first year at school without Caesar and Cindy. They were the main people we hung out with, one reason why we didn't have that many friends.

"Oh look who it is," A girl cackles. "The Freemans. And look, they're not with their widdle boyfriend and girlfriend anymore."

"Shut that neck, Malinda," Riley growls.

"You say that like you ever had a boyfriend," I respond casually. Her eyes widen and a growl come out her mouth. Riley and I walk past her, not caring if she had anything else to say.

"Nice start back," Taiya says, chuckling. "You guys are gonna have such a good year."

"Mane, hush! Ain't nobody finna walk all over us like we sum puppets," Riley tells her.

We get our schedules and Riley and I groan.

"How the hell we only get one class together?!" Riley questions.

"And it's at the end of the day!" I cry. We immediately go to Principal Hogan's office. Zara Hogan was our Principal of 4 years and we were very familiar with her.

"Why am I not surprised? I had a feeling you two would be the first faces I see," Mrs. Hogan grumbles.

"Why don't Riley and I have any classes together?" I question.

"You do have a class together."

"Exactly, a class. What you do that for?" Riley asks.

"Because you both caused a lot of trouble the last two years you've been here. I don't need you causing anymore trouble, especially while you're brother doesn't go here anymore."

"But listen, that ain't fair. We deserve to have the same classes now that Huey's gone. We ain't got nobody but each other."

"Sorry, but I don't need any trouble this year."

We groan, leaving the office.

"Bitch," we both mumble. We find our lockers (which were next to each other) and put our bookbags away.

They day went on and it was finally last hour.

"Reezy!" I cheer, happy to see my brother.

"Jay! My nigga!" He gives me dap, hugging me, "It's boring as hell without you."

"Forreal. I hate everybody in this bitch."

Our english teacher walks in and groans. 

"Jada, Riley," he says.

"Scott," we both reply.

"So I'm having you two this year again? How nice."

"What's wrong, Brewer?" I ask with a smile, "You loved having us."

"If that's what you wanna believe."

Scott Brewer has been our english teacher since last year and honestly he was the coolest teacher we've had. He was 25, the youngest in our school, and was a phenomenal teacher. However, Riley and I got into a lot of fights in his class which diminished his love for us.

Class began and I felt someone staring at me.

"Problem?" I question, snapping my head towards Adaisha Madison. Her punk ass has had a problem with me since she found out that Caesar and I were a thing and she didn't have a chance. I may have beat her ass a few times too. 

"Yup, whatchu gon do about it?" She replies back.

"Ignore yo punk ass like I do everyday."

"Sis, it's the first day, don't start nun," Riley whispers.

"You say sum slick, nigga?" Adaisha questions my brother. Riley looks at the bald-headed bitch, I mean girl like she was crazy.

"Nevermind, beat that hoe-"

Before my brother could finish, Scott glared at us, clearing his throat.

"Adaisha," he says, "I'm not going to tolerate any fights this year. You have a problem with Miss Freeman, settle it outside of school."

Adaisha rolls her eyes, but doesn't say anything else.

"First day back and bitches already have a death wish," I say.

"Aye, bitches gon hate," Riley replies. We smirk with a smile,

"And if they ain't hating we ain't doing nun right."

Hi guys!!! I'm sooooo sorry for not updating lately. So much has been going on. School has been crazy, I've gotten sick twice this year with the flu and with strep throat, and I just haven't had the energy. I'm going to try my hardest to update more, please don't think I forgot about you guys!!