The Next Generation

Caesar POV~

Cindy and Riley made it to the house the next afternoon. Christie said she was gonna start heading back since she's missed too many days of work. She helps Cindy get situated and leaves shortly after.

"Man, I missed this place," Cindy says, plopping on the couch. "It's been some shit since I been home."

"It has, hasn't it?" Jada asks, sitting next to her, in her lap was Jackson. He was trying his hardest to sit his head up on his own.

"Oh, hey lil man," Cindy smiles.

"This is your first time seeing them in person, isn't it?" I asked.

"Yea, I only seen pictures and lil videos of them. I ain't never been wit them before."

"Well," Jada lifts Jackson, holding his head in the process, "This is Jackson Percy Freeman-Caesar and that's Jordan Riley Freeman-Caesar."

"Awe! You gave them Huey and Riley names."

"Yea, why not give them a piece of everyone."

"They didn't get a piece of you," I say, noticing Jada didn't have any piece in the kids names.

"Yes they did. Both of their names start with J. Like Jada," My girlfriend winked.

We all chuckled.

"Jordan my favorite," Riley says, picking up Jordan. "You finna be dope as fuck like yo uncle."

"Language!" Jada hisses. "I don't want them growing up cussin like us."

"They're gonna do it anyways," Jessica says, walking in. She hugs Riley and Cindy and sits on the couch across from us.

"I know, but I'd rather them not and try to prevent it as much as I can. I really don't want them being bad like we were."

"We weren't bad," Riley says. Jada gives him a look. "Maybe a lil bit."

"And both of my kids are gonna be dope. Not just one," Jada adds.

"Well, you named one after that punk Huey so ion know," Riley replies. Jada rolls her eyes.

I look over at my sons, smirking.

"They finna be dope like they daddy. Forget about their uncles," I said.

Jada giggles as Riley rolls his eyes,

"Man, they daddy or not they daddy, they gon be dope as fuck like they uncle."

There was a knock at the door which startled us. I looked at Jada who looked a bit.. Uneasy.

"Who dat?" Cindy asks. I go over to the door, looking out the peephole. Candice was standing outside with Layla. I open the door, they both smiled.

"Caesar!" Candy runs and hugs me, making me lose balance a bit.

"Hey Candy," I reply, patting her back.

"Welcome back home," Layla says, hugging me as well.

"Thanks. Come in, we have a few people back though."

Candice walks in, her eyes widening.

"It's another baby! Look mama, it's a new baby," she says.

"It is. Hi everyone," Layla greets. Everyone says hi back.

"Guys," Jada stands up, handing Jackson to me. "This is Layla and Candice. They're friends of mine."

"Hi," Riley and Cindy say. Candice goes over to Carter, smiling at him.