The Elephant in the Room

Caesar and I were still gushing over the doctor's appointment as we drove home. He was looking at the ultrasound in his hand.

Making it home, I rushed inside to tell Jazzy and Cindy about the doctors appointment while Caesar went to change for work.

"Look!" I wave the picture of the ultrasound in my hand and show them.

"Oh my gosh how cute!" Jazmine gushes.

"So little!" Cindy cooed.

Jazmine told me she was 10 weeks, 2 weeks more than Cindy and I, and they were both healthy.

As we were fangirling about our unborn babies, Huey and Riley walk into the room, causing me to stop squealing.

"Jay, what's wrong?" Cindy asks. She looks over at Huey who was scowling at me.

Jazmine sighs,

"We have to talk."

I look over at Jazmine and put on a fake smile.

"About what?"

"About you three. There's a tension between you guys and you need to talk it out now."

Jazmine sits us all down. Riley and Huey sat opposite of me.

"So?" Jazmine looks at me.

"Until they learn to talk to me like I'm an adult, I have nothing to say to them," I tell her.

"When you learn to stop acting like a child and making dumb mistakes, maybe you'll be treated like an adult," Huey snaps.

"Me making dumb mistakes? Newsflash, smart one, you made the same damn mistake I did! Both of you did!" They only scowl at me. "And last I checked, I only made one huge mistake. You never chastised Riley whenever he made any of his dumb mistakes. But since I'm the youngest and I'm the girl I'm treated like a child that always fucks up."

My brothers scowls softened as I continued,

"Get it through your heads: I'm not a child. I'm almost 17 and I've accomplished more than the two of you combined! Stop acting like I'm a kid!"

Jazmine looks over at the two,

"She has a point. She's not a kid anymore. She pays rent just like the rest of us do and she works hard. So what she made a mistake? You two made it too."

"Ya'll can't keep actin all high an mighty when ya'll fucked up too," Cindy adds. "That's hypocritical as fuck."

I hear Riley sigh,

"I guess you right. Yo ass won't the only one who fucked up. But you can't expect us not to act the way we did."

"You're still our younger sister," Huey says, scowl still on his face, "And it's our job to keep you safe. Now, I would've liked for you to wait until marriage, I can't really complain too much since I didn't. But that doesn't justify what you did."

"You say that like you didn't knock Jazzy up before I got knocked up," I mumble. Huey rolls his eyes,

"But we shouldn't treat you like that. You're old enough to know right from wrong and you do, do a lot. So, in a way, I'm sorry."

"Yea," Riley says, "Sorry Jay."

I smile a little bit, 

"You have been forgiven. But don't try and pull that shit again, got it?"

Huey scoff,

"That doesn't mean act like you're grown."

"Cause you not," Riley adds. I giggle, hugging my brothers.