Officially Over

Jazmine POV~

Everything had only gotten worse after Jada and Riley's performance. Cindy got even more upset with Riley and it wasn't making anything any better.

"You need to talk to him," I tell her. "If you're feeling some type of way, you gotta tell him, Cindy."

"Fuck that nigga," she replies, "He can stay happy wit that bitch he been talkin to."

I groaned. Cindy assumed Riley was texting another girl but by what Jada told me, that girl he's been texting was a friend from school he was just close with. I actually remember meeting her when Riley invited her to go skating with us one time. But there was no romance in their relationship. 

"Cindy, you're making huge accusations and on something and not talking to Riley about. You do realize, you two could break up if you keep this up?" Cindy opened her mouth to speak but quickly closed it, realizing I was right. "You're only hurting yourself. You refusing to talk to Riley led you to have a fight wit Jada-"

"Ain't nobody tell her to put her hands on me!" Cindy quickly says.

"And nobody told you to put your hands on Riley," I snap. Cindy's childish behavior was starting to piss me off.

Cindy sighed, putting her face in her hands. I was getting ready to say something until Riley opened the door to the room, Carter in his arms. He says nothing to either of us, just grabs a diaper and gets ready to leave.

"Riley," I called. He stopped moving. "Do you have a second?"

"No, Jazz, I don't."

"Riley, please. This is really important and-"

"Jazmine, if Cynthia can't ask me herself to talk, then I'm not talkin to nobody."

Right when Riley was about to close the door, Cindy blurts,

"Fine! Go on and be happy wit that other bitch then!"

There was no movement for a split second. I could tell Riley wanted to say something but Carter was right there and he didn't want to yell. He leaves the door cracked and goes down the hall, knocking on another door. I hear Jada's voice say "come in" and soon after, Riley comes back but without Carter in his arms.

"Other bitch?" He questions, anger rising in his voice.

"Yes, other bitch! You gotta a new bitch named T all up in yo phone and you jus entertainin her bitch ass!"

"Tee? You talkin bout Taiya, the same girl you met in school before yo ass graduated?"

Cindy was about to say something but then recanted it. She realized started feeling stupid. 

"So that's what you been mad about?" Riley chuckles, running his hair through his cornrows. "You thought I was cheatin?"

"Riley, I-"

"Nah! Feed that shit to the birds, cause you really treated me like shit because you thought I was cheatin?! And didn't even ask me either, just assumed and started acting like a bitch!"

"Whatchu expect me to do? I'm finna leave and here you go, already talkin to someone else!"

"I'm not talkin to nobody, Cindy! Taiya my friend. You fuckin met her and was cool wit her before you moved back to Woodcrest! Whatchu want me to do? Not have friends?"

"No, I want you to have friends, I just-"

"Just what? I'm done with this," Riley gets up, and Cindy grabs his wrist.

"Riley, please..."

"You better finish packin. You leave tomorrow."

With that, Riley walked out. I looked over at Cindy who started sobbing in her hands. This was the end of their relationship. Well, kind've.

"Jazz, what do I do?" She asks. "I just lost him."

"I don't know, Cindy," I replied. "I honestly don't know."

She should've listened to me in the first place when I originally told her to say something. 

I took that as my time to leave and left the room. I was heading downstairs when I heard talking in the kitchen.

"So, that's it?" I hear Caesar ask.

"Yea, man. I ain't about to be accused of cheating and then get my ass kissed like nothing happened. She started so much shit, ruined out performance time which is less money for us and then on top of that got into wit my lil sis. Nah dawg, she gotta take that shit back to Woodcrest," Riley said.

"And you broke up with her?" Huey asked.

"Yea."

A small side of me felt terrible. Maybe if I would've said something to Riley about it sooner, this could've all been prevented.

"It was no stopping it," I hear a voice say behind me. I turn to see Jada holding Carter. "If you would've told him, it would've only sped the process of their break up."

I sigh sadly. 

"She's just scared," I say. 

"But she's been with Riley long enough to at least know he wouldn't cheat on her. Riley loves Cindy more than anything on Earth..."

Cindy POV~

"...he would never do anything to hurt her."

Jada was right. Reezy wouldn't hurt me and I was a dumbass to think he would. But it's too late. We done. 

I finished packing so I was ready to leave in the morning. I sighed, looking at Carter's crib next to the bed. I was leaving my baby here, but in good hands. I knew Riley and everyone else would keep him safe. But man was I gon miss him. 

It was 8:30 and I decided to go to sleep. Riley hadn't came into the room and I had a feeling he was gon crash in Donte and Jessica's old room until I left to go back to Woodcrest. 

I was just laying in bed, my back facing the door when I heard it open. Footsteps walked towards the bed and I heard Carter get placed in his crib.

"Night lil Esco," Riley says. I try not to move and close my eyes to act like I'm sleep. I could tell Riley was looking at me. "Why you had to make me do that, Murph? Why you make things hard?"

He leaves and I couldn't help but cry. I just lost the love of my life and I felt like complete shit.

My alarm goes off at 6:00AM and I get up. My flight was at 7 and I didn't wanna miss it.

I call and Uber and take my suitcase downstairs to the door and go back upstairs to brush my teeth. I had 10 minutes until my Uber arrived so I had to be quick. I hear a faint baby cry and Huey comes out his room, going to the kitchen. I don't say anything as he grabs a bottle and gets ready to go back upstairs.

"Have a safe flight," He whispers. 

"Thanks," was all I say back. Huey was halfway up the stairs when I say, "make sure he's okay, please? I know I fucked up, but ion want him doin nun reckless."

"He's not the same kid you met years ago, McPearson," Huey says. "Riley grew up. He's a lot more mature than you think. Have a lil more faith in him. Riley loves you a lot.... You really broke his heart, Cindy."

And with that, Huey disappears upstairs. I sighed, taking my suitcase and going outside. My Uber was here and I was off.