Tour?!

I was at the park with Candice, getting home later in the day.

The house was quiet, Caesar was in the living room watching TV.

"Where is everyone?"

"There was a meeting at JEC today. Jazzy told me to tell you," Caesar replies.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I question. "Let's go!"

We drove to JEC on the other side of Chicago. We had two performance areas. One that was indoor and one that was outdoor. Over the years, we had opened clubs all over the country. 

We arrived at JEC, everyone greeting us. Caesar gave me a nervous look when I didn't say anything to Huey and Riley. 

"Good you all made it," John says, coming into the club.

"Hi John," Me and the girls say.

"Hello girls. So I asked you all here today to tell you that I have a summer tour scheduled for you all."

"A tour?!" We all question.

"Yep. A summer tour before school starts. Crybabies singing all over the USA. That would be epic!"

"B-but," I wanted to tell him we probably shouldn't do it but I didn't know how to tell him.

"When does it start?" Jazmine asks.

"Next week. We'll start here then go to Detroit, Ohio, Maryland, all sorts of places."

Jazmine, Cindy, and I exchanged looks. We nodded, agreeing to go on tour.

"What're we gonna do?" I asked Jazmine and Cindy as we left JEC.

"We'll go to the doctors and see if we can go. We might be able to do a little dancing since we're not too big but it'll have to be minimized since we're expecting," Jazmine says.

"Expecting what?" John asks. We jump, giving him a nervous smile.

"Expecting," I tried to think of a good lie, "A-"

"Lovely," Jazmine looks at Cindy for help.

"Performance?" Cindy tries. John looks at us, eye brows raised.

"Okay?" He asks, walking away. We sigh in relief.

"We have to be careful!" I tell them. "We can't go around telling everyone."

-_-

We scheduled a doctors appointment the next day at different offices.

Caesar and I wait in the office patiently, my name soon to be called.

"Jada Freeman?" A nurse calls.

We get up, Caesar's hand never letting go of mine.

"It's okay, babe," I tell him. I knew he was nervous.

"I know, sorry, I'm just a little nervous and excited."

We go into a room and a nurse sits me down in front of a weird device. She takes my vitals and goes to get the doctor.

"I'm excited," I say with a huge smile, "Even though this was an accident, I'm gonna make something good out of it!"

"Same here," Caesar smiles back. "This will be good for both of us!"

"Yea. I just gotta figure out how I'm gonna tell John. This summer tour is gonna be the next two months and we get August off. Maybe we can just tell him afterwards."

"You really think thats a good idea?" Caesar asks. "Just tell him up front."

"And have all that money he put towards the tour wasted? No thanks!"

"Babe, you can't keep a secret that big though. What if something happens to you or the baby?"

"Then I'll be careful. Trust me, babe, I've been through worse situations."

Caesar only sighs.

The doctor comes in, a smile on her face.

"Hi Ms. Freeman," she shakes my hand. "I am Doctor Sophia and I'll be your helping hand through your pregnancy."

She looks over my vitals and does a check up of her own. Then she smears some really cold gel on my stomach and holds up a wand.

"Um, what's that?" I asked.

"Think of it as a wand. It's something that helps me see your baby."

I nod, she slowly slides the wand inside me. I flinch but slowly relax. 

"You see that," Dr. Sophia points at the screen. "That's your baby."

Caesar and I smiled as Dr. Sophia explained to us what was going on inside me. Caesar had to use the restroom and Dr. Sophia continued talking about the ultrasound.

After I was cleaned up, Dr. Ctold me how to keep my baby healthy and different things I should do to help birthing be easier since I was so young having a baby.

"I have a question. You see, I'm a performer and I'm going on tour soon. Will I still be able to perform?"

"Well, I wouldn't recommend it," Dr. Cortez states. I sigh, "However, I think the baby will be fine. Just don't over do it and if you start feeling dizzy or sick, stop immediately. Alright?"

"Yes ma'am."

We leave, getting a cute picture of the ultrasound. As we got into the car, I looked over at Caesar with a wide grin.

"Can we go to lunch?" I asked. "I have something I wanna tell you."

Caesar nods, driving to Bob Evans, a breakfast restaurant. After we got seated, Caesar looked over at me,

"What did you wanna tell me?" He asks. I show him the ultrasound and he stares at it blankely. "All I is black."

"Ugh, you see the little dots?" I asked. Caesar nods, "Those are heartbeats."

"Oh yea- Wait. Heartbeats? As in, plural?"

I nod and Caesar's smile slowly appears.

"We're having twins?"

I nod and Caesar laughs happily.

"When you went to the bathroom, Dr. Sophia noticed more than one heartbeat and told me we were expecting twins!"

"Wow. That's gonna be a handful," Caesar says.

"We'll manage. After all, we take care of Riley."

"True."

"What if they're boys?" I asked.

"Hmm, what would we name them?"

"Well, you have two middles names. Why not give one to each?"

"That's smart. What about girls?"

"Hmm," I thought for a second. I honestly didn't know. "I definitely wanna name one after your aunt."

"Charlotte?"

"Yea. It's such a sweet name, ya know?"

Caesar nods. We talk about the babies more before heading back home.