Chapter Twenty-nine

"JUST AVOID DRINKING too much coffee, Miss Ryans. It agitates you more." Doctor Realizan said, smiling reassuringly after giving me a box of prescription medicine.

Her blonde hair was in tact in a tight bun, whilst mine was in a tight dutch braid-- thanks to Federigo. That boy never ceases to amaze me with his so called skills.

"Thank you, Doc. Will try, but will not do." I answered sarcastically, making the both of us laugh.

I left her office and saw the ugly trio waiting for me outside: Kyle, Damon, and Fed-- all with expectant looks on ther faces.

"So what'd she say?" Damon questioned.

"Is there something wrong?" Kyle added.

Federigo shrugged when I looked at him, expecting a question.

"I'm dying--" They cut me off.

"Oh my God! But what about yours and Corbyn's kids? Gertrude and Alexander? Think about the children, Lotte! They need a mother!" Damon wistfully dramatized, falling onto his knees and holding onto my leg.

I narrowed my eyes at the black haired boy, "I'm kidding, Mon. But.. what children?"

Federigo laughed out loud, "He ships you and blondie."

"Aw, come on! You too?" I sighed in exasperation.

Damon grinned while getting up,"Charbyn for life."

"I ship Jonah and Lotte. He's better for her. Less childish, daddy material." Kyle nodded along, his wavy brown hair bouncing as he did so.

I rolled my eyes at them, "Have you even met the guys?"

They all grinned, "Yes."

My eyes narrowed, "What? When?"

Fed shrugged, "When they called us in. Remember? Your mom, my mom, us, how we got here and all that jazz. Well, the guys and two girls were the ones who filled us in as to how you got hospitalized. Oh, and by the way, Daniel says he's sorry."

"His confession made you faint. God, you're such a wuss, Lotte." Kyle gave me a nuggie.

I scowled at him, "Little flickity fluck."

"Aw, she still doesn't cuss."

-

"I actually like that girl more, looks kind of nerdy, but her eyes have that spark. Know what I mean?" Damon sighed dreamily, looking at the small ginger girl fidgeting whilst at the counter of the small restaurant we were in: Pita Today, Pita Tomorrow.

We found ourselves in one of the local malls in New York City at 11 in the morning, talking about anything and everything. My wrist still stings a bit from the IV but I can manage.

"Yeah, well she has a boyfriend." I shrugged, sipping my créme bruleé milk tea and looking at Damon wistfully.

His eyes widened in disbelief, "No she doesn't. How do you even know?"

Kyle and Federigo chuckled at Damon's childish behaviour.

"It's pretty obvious, dude. Look at the way she wears a two inch thick black sweater and a pair of dark grey joggers too big for her size. No sane single girl would do that while it's a burning 40 degrees Celsius outside, unless their over protective boyfriend did it to show less skin, that is. Her hair is in a messy low ponytail-- girls with boyfriends do that to cover their love bites. Her neck has a small necklace with the letter R engraved on it. The boyfriend probably gifted her with that. Oh and look at that receipt she's holding. A little too long to just be for one." I shrugged, looking at the girl that's approximately five and a half feet from me. Her eyes met mine, and I shifted my gaze to my milk tea.