Chapter Twenty-five

THE COLD BREEZE of the outdoors hit my bare skin and made the hair stand up. Rather cold for a summer night. It was already May. I spent three weeks here already, and yet I'm still in the process of getting accustomed to my surroundings. I've been living with a ton of girls. The realization hit me like a truck when I woke up in the middle of the night. The party downstairs had ended two hours ago, its currently 1am. Basically, its Monday morning, minus the sun rising because.. well, it's still very dark.

When I came back to the room earlier, I remember seeing Mia perched up on the bed, wanting to squeeze out answers from me. She said that she rushed upstairs the moment she heard from an orange, who heard from a brunette, who heard from a ginger, who heard from a cameraman, who heard from Zach, who gossiped with his band mates, that Jonah and I talked on the rooftop. So I told her the whole story. I've got to admit, I've never heard someone squeal so loudly.

Even so, she still frowned at me afterwards. "I still ship CharByn."

What's a ship? I don't even know what a ship is.

Heck, what even is a CharByn? A name of a ship? An arc? Is it one of those new versions of titanic that are just gonna sink in the end?

Hmm. I wonder.

I breathed in the fresh air of the outdoors and turned away, wanting to come back inside for some coffee.

I shut the door and walked inside the kitchen. The room was pitch black, the moonlight was barely getting in. I accidentally bumped into a rock hard wall.

Damn this dark room.

I began to feel the wall for any switches. What kind of wall is a bit lumpy? Rich peple and their real estates.

Oh there. I felt something that felt like some sprt of switch and desperately tried to flick it on.

"Stop groping me." A voice startled me.

The wall... talks?

I took a step back, scared. I never knew that this mansion was haunted.

Get me out of here please. I may act as if I'm super duper brave, but when it comes to inanimate objects talking, count me out.

"I don't mean you any harm, Mr. Wall." My lips quivered.

Lord God, if this is the end pf my life, please tell my parents I love them. Even my sister, I love that pesky little pest even if she's the main reason why I'm having current dilemmas.

"L?" The voice inquired once again.

My mind became less hazed once I registered the voice of the wall.

"Corbyn?" I narrowed my eyes at the figure that moved.

"Hold on." I saw him move and flick on a switch and then a blinding light filled the room.

"The hideous light of the day star!" I hissed, my hands covering my eyes.

He chuckled at my childishness.

"What are you doing awake?" Corbyn asked me.

I removed my palms from my face that soon turned warm as soon as my eyes caught sight of the blonde boy.

He was wearing nothing but Dora boxers again. My eyes went downward and I saw that his feet were adorned in blue bunny slippers. That's such a Zach thing to wear.

"L?" He snapped me back to reality.

I gave him a small forced smile, "I was.. uh... craving coffee."

I stepped away from him and felt his eyes on me as I started preparing my coffee. Good thing there's such thing as instant coffee, or else it would have taken me longer to make one drink.