S2: 50 | Jordan, Stuffies, and Doodles

"You don't have to walk this life alone anymore, Lotte. You got me." - Jordan, Not A Game Anymore

Chapter Fifty
-

"W-WHAT?" I MANAGED to stutter out as I looked at the note in perplexity.

My hands shook as they clenched the note in them. I want to gauge my eyes out. I want to erase the memory of ever reading those words- of ever hearing them come out of Jordan's lips.

But I couldn't.

No matter how hard I tried- I couldn't.

"Jordan, you know-" But I was cut off.

"Flip the note over." Jordan instructed with a calm voice, his eyes fixated on the note as I looked at him.

My mouth dried and I nodded. I followed what he said and my brows knitted together in confusion at what I read next.

"As a friend." I read the three words out loud. I looked up and saw that Jordan was already looking at me.

Jordan chuckled, "Got you there, didn't I?"

"Bad joke." I scowled at him, but I felt all the uneasiness in my body disappear.

So he doesn't like me.

That's a relief.

I can't have another guy pining over me. Three is already too much.

He laughed at me while our main dishes were being served by Harry and another waiter.

"Thank you." I greeted Harry and the other waiter as they left our table.

I looked back at Jordan. "Why the joke, though?"

Jordan looked sheepish, "Well..."

I looked at him expectantly, "Well what?"

"You needed to take a chill pill, and I really have some things to confess." He blew in his cheeks.

Some things to confess?

He didn't do drugs, right?

Wait, let me rephrase that.

He didn't do drugs without me, right?

I want to be a druggie with him.

Rawr.

My brows furrowed, "Alright? Shoot."

"I see you no more than a sister and a best friend." He confessed. "You're eccentric, beautiful, and sarcastic, but those aren't your best qualities. Your best quality is that you are you. And you're amazing."

My heart swelled at the words he just said. "Jordan.."

He looked up at me, "I know you're a strong, independent woman but.."

"You don't have to walk this life alone anymore, Lotte. You got me." He smiled at me.

I smiled back, "Okay."

"Now onto the second thing I want to confess." He blew in his cheeks.

I looked at him expectantly when he slightly looked down.

He fiddled with his fork and spoon before he looked up at me. "I'm well aware of the fact that you like someone in the band."

"I noticed it in the way you looked at him, the way you talked about him, and the way you treated him." He confessed.

I blinked.

"But you don't know that you're looking at him in a different light.." He trailed off, his sea green eyes meeting mine.