Chapter Thirty

"AND THE BEST part is that your chosen family and friends will be spending this marvellous day with you!" Tyler excitedly beamed as he animatedly discussed the event to us inside the well-known lounge room.

I groaned out loud as the Why Don't We boys and the ugly trio cheered, together with the other girls in the room who were too busy fawning over them to realize how much of a bother this event could be.

Trina nudged my left arm, "You alright?"

Since this small meeting started thirty minutes ago, after dinner, all I've been is silent. I was nodding along to what Tyler has been saying absentmindedly, all while catching the stares of Jonah and Daniel.

My mind was clouded with thoughts that even my 4.3 GPA brain could not sort out.

I sighed, removing my gaze from the boys and then looking at the girl.

"No." I bit my lip and averted my eyes when I saw her face look at me with concern. She nudged a half-asleep Mia, who jolted awake when she did so.

"What?" She irritatedly asked Trina, who motioned towards me.

Mia's brown eyes softened and looked at me with concern, "Is there something wrong?"

I nodded, controlling my urge to just collapse right then and there.

The two looked at each other with knowing looks on their faces, and I just sighed.

"You can tell us later, after this." Trina gave me a small smile, touching my arm softly.

I pursed my lips and shrugged, turning away from them.

My eyes went back to the boys and I made eye contact with Federigo, who shot me a small smile.

I feel... fuzzy.

I frowned, suddenly needing fresh air. I abruptly stood up, making Tyler pause mid-sentence and look at me in curiosity.

"Charlotte, where--"

I ran out of the room before he could finish.

-

I ran and ran and ran, until I found my happy place. It was, if I'm not wrong, already 10 in the evening. I hope it's still open.

The sight of a black sign with blinking white lettering made me smile. Conyo's Café, it read.

As I opened the glass doors, the strongest smell of freshly brewed coffee made it's way to my nose. I looked around. If not for the girl with the bleached blonde hair sitting at the corner, the barista, and I, the place would be empty.

I made my way to the counter and the barista welcomed me with a soft smile. I looked at her nametag. Gene, it read.

"What can I get you, Miss?" Gene asked kindly.

I pursed my lips,my eyes scanning the options written on the small black chalkboard behind her.

"A large pumpkin spice latte, one large cold brew, one blueberry muffin, and one cheesecake please." I listed off of my fingers as she punched in my order.

"Name?"

"Lotte." I smiled at her, making her smile back.

"You may take a seat while I whip up your order." She said, motionibg towards the empty booths around the place.

However, my eyes found something that spiked my interest.

I made my way towards the booth and sat across of the crying bleached blonde girl. Her large cup of coffee was now empty.

She didn't notice me at first. Her pale hands were covering her  eyes and her leather jacket clad arms were shaking as he silently sobbed. She was wearing tight black leather jeans, leather boots, a white tank top, and a leather jacket that clung onto her like a glove. Her outfit choice completely contrasted her skin color- milky white. She had light freckles littered across her cheeks, so light, they were barely noticeable. Her cheeks were tinted a deep shade of red, probably from all of the crying.

I pursed my lips, "Do you want coffee?"

She jolted upright, her hands immediately wiping her tear-stained cheeks as her light grey eyes looked at me in surprise.

"I-I'm sorry, what?" Her weak, raspy voice asked me.

I pursed my lips again, "Coffee makes me happy. Do you want a refill of yours?"

She bit her lip and smiled a little bit. "Sure. Caramel Macchiato. But, I'll pay."

I shrugged while she gave me two dollars, chuckling, "Fine by me."

"Lotte!" Gene, the barista called out, making me excuse myself and stand up.

I took my order from her and ordered a large Caramel Macchiato.

"Name?" Gene asked again.

My brows furrowed as I looked at the blonde girl at the booth, "Hey, what's your name again?"

She turned towards me with a soft smile, "Asti."

I nodded as I repeated the name to the barista and paid for the drink, "Asti."

"Thank you." Asti, the blonde haired girl in front of me sniffled when I came back with her cup of coffee.

"Anytime." I smiled, but it dropped when I looked at her tear-stricken eyes that were stuck looking at the coffee she was drinking.

"Can you tell me what's going on?" I inquired.

"Boy problems." She muttered.

I pursed my lips, "Oh."

She chuckled, shaking her head. "It's.. a little cliché, you know? He hated me at first, mocked me, underestimated me, and here I am, crying because h-he likes me."

I bit my lip, holding back a sigh when I heard the words slip out of her mouth.

"Why? What's wrong about him liking you?" My eyebrows furrowed as I took a sip of coffee.

She shook her head, "I'm crying because.. his friend likes me too, a-and I'm just.. so confused about my own feelings. I've never been so confused in my entire life. God, I'm such a mess."

Glad to know I'm not the only one.

I pursed my lips, "Don't pressure yourself. If you think you have feelings for one of them, you'll get it figured out in due time. Don't stress yourself over your own feelings. Also, just because they like you, doesn't mean that you have to like them back. Keep that in mind, Asti."

She smiled at me, "You're a nice girl, Lotte."

I shook my head, "No, apparently, according to Rotten Tomatoes, I'm a terrible person with corny puns and awful comebacks."

Her eyes at me in curiosity, "Rotten Tomatoes? You're a celebrity?"

I shrugged, "No, I'm actually a prisoner stuck inside a reality show."

Her jaw dropped and her eyes widened, "Oh my God, Lotte! Lotte! Charlotte Ryans! You're Charlotte Ryans from Boy Band Games! God, I love your jokes."

I shrugged, wiping off inaginary dust from my shoulders, "I try." We laughed.

"So what brings you here? It's night time already, how did you get out of the house?" She wondered out loud.

"I ran."

-
Vote, Comment, Follow, Share!