S2: 30 | Hotel Encounters

"'Cause I can't make you love me if you don't. You can't make your heart feel something it won't." — I Can't Make You Love Me, Bonnie Raitt

Play the song above.

Chapter Thirty
-

Corbyn Besson

"WHICH ONE?" I pursed my lips as I compared the two jewelry boxes and their contents.

I bought two types of jewelry from the jewelry store in downtown London earlier when the show ended. We were all supposed to go back to the hotel immediately but I decided to go against the rules for once and went to the store downtown to purchase these two particular items.

I held up the small black jewelry box and lifted the lid. Inside it was a ring with a platinum pleated base and a small diamond smack dab in the middle. The ring had two bands that intersected with each other in a criss-cross form. It was a DY Crossover Micropavé Engagement Ring. According to what the female jeweller in the shop said earlier, this ring's delicate disposition with a split shank and negative space was what made this give off a dainty look. The cushion-cut center diamond was mounted on a crossed micropavé double band, set in platinum.

When I asked the jeweller earlier why there were two bands to this ring, she gave me a very vivid explanation.

"These two signature bands.." The jeweller who had Jenny printed on her name tag said. "Where they meet, a single, magnificent diamond is set, sealing love's promise."

I got this ring for roughly eight thousand dollars. It was a little expensive, but it's worth it.

It's for her.

I then held up the second box. It was a flat medium sized jewelry box in the color maroon. I lifted the lid up and observed the jewelry piece.

It had legendary diamonds of superlative cut, color, clarity and brilliance. The pendant was placed in platinum with a round brilliant diamond and it was attached to approximately a 16-inch long chain. The carat weight, according to the jeweller, was 0.12.

It cost me roughly one thousand three hundred dollars, but like I said earlier— it's worth it.

This amount is nothing compared to my love for Charlotte.

"BOYS!" Marie yelled at the top of her lungs, making me flinch.

Jeez, that woman could literally conquer mountains with her voice.

I stood up and hid the jewelry boxes back in Zach and I's closet, covering them with my black leather jacket. I then left Zach and I's hotel room and locked the door behind me.

As I walked down the hall to where Marie's voice came from, I realized that she was probably calling us from Daniel and Lotte's room.

The reminder that Lotte was sleeping in the same room, and more or less the same bed as another man made my heart squeeze in pain.

I heard voices from their room when I got near.

My stomach clenched indifferently. I have a gut feeling that something is about to go terribly wrong.

"Marie stop screaming, you're making my ears bleed." I could hear Jack whine from a distance, and then I heard him groan in pain.

Marie probably smacked him, no doubt.

I opened the door to Daniel and Lotte's room. "Marie, why are we—"

I looked up and I was met with a sight that broke my heart. I felt like all air was knocked out of my lungs with a death hook. My soul felt like it left my body and go straight to the fiery depths of hell.