Chapter Two

"MOM, DON'T I at least have a say in this?"

It was now the 12th of April. Since I had graduated early, to me it was already summer time.

Yay me!

Well, not until my Mom found out about what Jane did to me two weeks ago. I had expected her to scold her favorite child for doing such.

But instead, I was the one who received a long speech about accepting blessings and the importance of gratefulness.

Don't get me wrong, I am grateful for my life, for my parents, even for my pesky little sister. The only thing I'm not grateful about is that my mom has favoritism!

Goodness. Two weeks ago, when she found out about the Boy Band Games the morning I got a call, she completely flipped when I tried to tattle on Jane.

"Your sister was trying to help you! You have no social life. So, she signed you up to one!"

I remember slamming my head on the dining table at that.

"But that doesn't mean she had to do it without my permission. That doesn't make it right!"

Okay, maybe the idea of finally getting a social life was good.

But I wasn't one for a social life that's aired to everyone living in the United States of America-- much less the whole world, for that matter.

Okay so maybe I did look this man-band up.

Their music is okay.

Like, okay.

Apparently they were all YouTube stars before they rose to become the generation's biggest Pop Boy Band.

Yeesh, I don't even remember their names anymore.

I don't even get why they call themselves a Man-Band.

I mean, what's the difference?

Don't all Boy-Bands split up in the end and all that ha-cha cha?

I guess the reason why they call themselves a Man-Band is because they won't do that.

Google said they won't because it was their choice to be in the band, and not some X-Factor judge's.

Yes, I'm looking at you Simon Cowell.

I was cut off of my trance when my Mom snapped her fingers in front of my face.

"No. Now hurry up, the plane's leaving." She pushed me towards the boarding area and I scowled at her.

No goodbye? No I love you, I'm sorry for putting you in a situation like this, please don't go?

Since it was already the 12th of April, I had to officially accept the fact that I was now going on a plane to my complete, utter doom; aka New York.

I lived in the great city of Los Angeles, California. No, I don't live in the Bev Hills. I live in a house that my parent's could afford. Which in my case, is a two story building with seven bathrooms and overflowing amounts of rooms.

Don't get me wrong, I love our home.

Its just that, since my father is always out on business trips, and my mom and my sister always hang out together, being alone in a house with seventeen rooms is very aggravating.

I sighed as I handed my necessities over to the baggage counter and carried my duffle through the Security Check.

Immediately, everything went crazy. The guards rushed over and cornered me, weapons out.

My eyes widened as I saw a hand gun pointed at me.

"It's not what you think. I have a piece of metal inside my body." I raised my hands up in the air as I reasoned out.

They raised their eyebrows at me which made me sigh. I then took out the doctor's letter for these kinds of situations.

"A broken rib?" The guard asked, reading through the letter.

I nodded, lifting up my shirt for them to see.

I had stitches that were put on just a month ago when I had a skateboarding accident. You could even see the slight trace of the metal.

"Only you could get an injury as bad as that." Was what my friend Federigo had said when they rushed me to the hospital that day.

I broke one of the ribs in my right and I needed a metal blah-blah so that it'd heal faster.

It still hurt though. I love skateboarding but I hate being injured.

The guards immediately looked away when I showed the tiny bit of skin. Yeesh, talk about prude.

"Okay Ma'am. You're off the hook." One of them said.

Thank Jesus Christ.

I nodded at them and took the doctor's letter from his grasp as I made my way into the boarding area of the airplane.

"Seat EB24." I mumbled underneath my breath.

I found myself seated on possibly the most comfortable seat on the history of seats.

Okay, maybe this Boy band Games isn't so bad after all.

"Are you a Limelight? Do you want to be in the limelight? Well, we've got news for y-o-u! The first season of Boy Band Games is gonna be up and running this year, Why Don't We Edition! Thirty girls will be chosen to compete! So grab your laptops, and various gadgets, and audition for the show now!"

I grit my teeth at the telly in front of my seat as I sighed in frustration.

Okay maybe it is bad. My sister never told me I had to stay with twenty-nine other girls!

Why am I even going to this stupid--

"Not a big fan?" I heard someone ask beside me.

I turned my head to the right and my crystal blue eyes were met with honey brown ones.

I could not see his face clearly though, his black hoodie was covering him all the way to his forehead. Only his eyes shone through the light the window gave.

I shrugged and turned back around on my seat. "Not a fan at all."

I heard him hum in response, "Well, why not? I mean, surely many teens like them. Why not you?"

I raised my eyebrows at this and turned back to face him. "Well, for one, I don't see the huge fuss about some boy-- er, Man-Band. They're just people. People with talent. But people, nonetheless."

The guy in the hood nodded, agreeing with me, "Yeah. I guess you're right. People are people. Famous or not."

There was a short pause before I turned back on my seat and closed my eyes.

"I'm Jonah." I heard the guy beside me say.

Jonah? Cute name for a cute boy.

I opened my eyes, looked at him again and gave him a small smile.

"Lotte."

-
Vote, Comment, Follow, Share! ♥

Question of the Day:
Who's your lane?