Chapter Twenty-seven

"SO HOW ARE YOU and Corbyn, huh?" Zach smirked from across of me.

It's dinner time.We were in the dining area, hours after the incident. Yeah it's called an incident. All the boys, and the rest of the girls were in the room with us. All of us seated on one table. I was on the other end of the long table, and Jonah was the one at the opposite end.

Jonah suddenly choked on the chicken he was chewing and grimaced as he tried to drown it with water.

Jack and Zach looked at him amusedly, before turning towards me. I slowly chewed on the chicken and gulped it down with coffee. Coffee 24/7 is good for me. Well, not really.

I gave them a small smile, "I'm still waiting for the priest, Zachary."

This time, it was Corbyn who choked on his chicken. All the people in the room burst into laughter- except for Daniel and Jonah. Surprisingly, the girls left aren't that snotty anymore. Well, all except Devil. But, eh. We're... chill. And by chill I don't acknowledge her presence anymore. It's for her own good.

"Why do we even need a priest, Zach?" Corbyn narrowed his eyes at the smirking brunette boy.

"Because you did unholy things, Corbyn." The boy tsk-ed.

I rolled my blue eyes at this, "All I did was tackle Bean on the ground."

Daniel's eyebrows furrowed as he chewed on his chicken and swallowed it. I took this chance to actually observe his appearance. His brown roots were now showing. Which is actually a good thing. It makes him look a tad better. His face was bare, no stubble. He must have shaved. His button nose was crinkled due to the fact that he was chewing, his pink lips were pursed while he did so.

"Tackle? I swear I saw you smoochin'." Jack teased, his eyes had a glint of mischief in them.

I narrowed my eyes at the boy.

Oh Jack, what are you up to?

"I need some fresh air."

A chair abruptly created a loud screech, and I looked up to see Daniel's seat empty.

Everyone looked around at each other and wondered why he did so.

"What crawled up his pants and died?" Mia wondered out loud, making me look at her.

The girl was drinking her pineapple juice down rather urgently. She must be very thirsty.

Zach shrugged, "Dunno."

The table suddenly turned silent as no one thought of a new topic to bring up.

"So, Lotte. What exactly were you and Corbyn doing when I saw you in his room?" Zach inquired with an evil glint in his deep brown eyes.

I heard a loud exasperated sigh come out of Jonah's lips as he pursed his lips, looking away. "I need some air."

"I swear to all things high and mighty, these boys have lung problems." Trina nibbled on her food, looking at Mia and I.

I looked at Mia and she shrugged, "They need a doctor."

I rolled my eyes, standing up, and taking my mug of coffee.

Trina looked at me with raised eyebrows, "Where you off too?"

I shrugged, "I need fresh air too."

And with that, I exited the dining area and made my way outside to stargaze.

The floor was cold as I walked towards the second floor balcony. The pitter patter of my steps slightly echoed through the empty hallway. A shiver suddenly ran down my spine as a cold whiff of air hit my bare skin. The time I actually wore a tank top, turned out to be a very cold night. Life hates me.

Once I reached the door to the second floor balcony, I saw silhouette leaning across the railing. My eyes narrowed as I tried to recognize the person. The blonde-brunette hair and the white shirt and khaki shorts.

Daniel.

"Mind if I join you?" I inquired, cutting through the silence that the night brought.

He abruptly turned around and his eyes widened when he saw me there. I gave him a small smile, he returned the gesture.

"By all means." He chuckled heartily.

One thing I noticed about Daniel is that his husky voice is way different when he sings and when he talks. When he sings, his voice is like a mix of caramel and delicious coffee. But when he speaks, it's like honey and lemon with a hint of mint. Refreshing and rather delightful.

I leaned against the railings beside him and took a sip of my coffee. I looked up at the sky and close to zero stars were on show. Grey clouds were covering the night sky like a soft furry blanket. Although majestic, the sight of stars were way better than clouds.

"Aww. I can't stargaze anymore." I grumbled, pertaining to the fact that clouds were covering the sky. I was really looking forward to making a wish on a shooting meteorite. I know my facts, mind you.

I heard Daniel chuckle, making me turn towards him with a huge frown. "Why are you laughing?"

He smirked, turning towards me with his deep set blue eyes meeting my own. "Sucks for you, I can still stargaze."

My eyes widened, my mouth agape, "What? How?!"

His smirk only widened as he took a step towards me. I saw hin take a deep breath almost as if he was encouraging himself. I felt my breath hitch and my hearbeat quicken. Why is he moving closer? Ah he must be cold. Human temperature is needed to be warm and--

"Look at me." His voice came out ultimately husky. For the first time, his voice sounded like a mix of refreshing honey and caramelized coffee. A weird combination, but majestic nonetheless.

My sapphire blue eyes met his deep set ocean ones in a heated gaze. His eyes looked like the deepest depths of the ocean. I'm scared of the ocean, because I can't swim, but if they're as pretty as his eyes, I'll dive right in.

My lips were set in a thin line as he gazed into my eyes rather intensely.

I opened my mouth to speak, "You never told me how you can starga--" He cut me off.

"I can see the stars in your eyes, Elora." He shook his head, closing his eyes for a millisecond, before meeting my own once more.

"I see the moon in your smile, so bright, that you manage to light up even the darkest night that I could be in." His eyes told stories that even my heart couldn't read.

"Yeah the sun is cool, but have you seen yourself walk in a room and brighten up everyone's day?" He chuckled and looked down. My mouth was clamped shut. Where is he going with this?

"Back in 11th Grade, our Science teacher said that Earth is the only planet capable of sustaining lives. But, now, I realized that she's wrong. There's a different planet, a whole new world that's capable of sustaining my life. That's you, you're my world that keeps me alive." His words sent butterflies flying inside my stomach as I felt my cheeks grow hotter by every passing second. I hit the inside of my cheeks and looked away. But he held my chin and tilted my head towards him once more.

"I guess what I'm trying to say is.. I didn't know what I was missing until you came into my life, and completed my universe." He bit his lip.

"I like you very much, Elora."

-
Vote, Comment, Follow, Share!

Question of the day:
How are you all?