Chapter Thirty-seven

THE USUAL CHATTER filled the lounge room as fifteen girls, including myself were sat on the brown carpet across from each other. Tyler had called us in right after the interviews and said that this meeting was for the new schedule of activities. The boys were nowhere to be found, and I could only guess that they were out recording music or the usual pop star stuff that they do.

"Alright!" Tyler clapped as he entered the room, taking us all from our own reveries.

Mia leaned in from my right, "He should really stop doing that. It gives me mini heart attacks."

I chuckled, shaking my head at her statement, "First, he gives you heart attacks. Next thing you know, you'll be spending the rest of your life with him."

Mia faked a gag then scowled at me, "I'm taken, plus, Tyler is like, an older brother to all of us."

"Ever heard of incest?" Trina butted in our conversation, making me laugh and give her a high-five.

Mia's scowl deepened, "You two are disgusting."

I smirked at her, wiggling my eyebrows as I did so, "Disgustingly amazing, you mean."

Trina laughed and Mia just rolled her eyes at the two of us, "I hate you."

"Oh, you love us." Trina sing-songed, making the two of us laugh.

"Girls! May I have your attention please?" Tyler cut us off of our playful banter when he stood in the center of the brown carpet. The room turned silent and he continued, "I know that you have your own little groups that you have been hanging out with for the past month, but we have a task that will get you to expand your social circle! Yay!" He cheered enthusiastically.

The fifteen girls forming the big circle all looked at each other skeptically. One girl seated directly across of me raised her hand, "I have a question."

Tyler waved for her to ask the question and she sat up straight, "What is this task?"

Tyler smiled, "Thank you for your question Ryenne, I was just about to get to that." He then turned to the rest of us, "Since you are the final fifteen, and after this week of tasks you will only be ten, the Boy Band Games management have come up with a week full of group tasks for you. But here's the catch, you wouldn't be choosing your groups, and neither will we."

"Then who will?" Ryenne raised her hand again, making us all chuckle at her persistency.

"I was just getting to that, " Tyler laughed then continued, "There will be five teams, one team made up of three girls and one member of the band. The boys will be drawing lots for their members, as they will be your team leaders." The girls squealed at what Tyler had just said, and even my two best friends giggled along with them.

"Oh I do hope that I'll be in Zach's team!" Trina giggled while looking at Mia and I.

Mia grinned at the girl, "Oh you will. That boy probably called dibs for you to be on his team."

Trina smiled dreamily, "I hope so. How about you? Whose team do you want to be in?" She looked at Mia and I.

"I don't want to be in Jonah's or Daniel's team. Remember last week when Lotte was in the hospital? Good Lord, they exhausted me during the group dates. Jonah kept asking about Lotte's health status and current hospital affairs, and Daniel was interviewing me about her life story." She listed off, which received different reactions from Trina and I. Trina was laughing her ass off, while I was just confused.

Was that how these like-like feelings worked? This is just confusing and funny at the same time. They could have just visited me and asked me themselves. They didn't need to trouble themselves and Mia. I mean, I am a very approachable person, anyone can talk to me.