S2: 24 | Secret Santa

"Santa tell me, if he really cares. 'Cos I can't give it all away if he won't be here next year." - Santa Tell Me, Ariana Grande

Chapter Twenty-four
CHRISTMAS SPECIAL 2
-

"ZACH, SAY SORRY to Daniel." I scolded the boy as the four of us squished inside the gray BMW cab that management rented for us.

Zach grumbled. "It's not my fault."

I scowled at him, "He didn't step on your shoes on purpose!"

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, Zach punched Daniel's arm because of a pair of white shoes.

What a flickity flucking clean freak.

"These are new white Yeezy's" Zach whined.

"I already said I was sorry!" Daniel threw his hands in the air in exasperation.

"Stop being such a sour puss, Zach. I can get you new ones here in Paris." He added, crossing his arms and leaning his head on my shoulder.

He snuggled into my neck while Zach and Jack just looked at us with wide eyes.

Oh, did I mention this car had really weird limousine features?

Like we were all facing each other. Daniel was beside me, while Jack and Zach were on our opposite side. The driver was beside some glass window.

Paris is weird.

Not to mention, rich.

And here I thought I was rich.

Sike.

I hate that term. It's what people use to degrade those who aren't of the same standing as them.

We're all humans. Rich, poor, or average. We're all the same and we'll all die buried underneath the same dirty ground. So what's the point in flaunting our money?

"I suddenly don't really give a shit about my Yeezy's." Zach gaped at the two of us.

"What the fuck is going on here?" He motioned towards Daniel and I.

Daniel, upon hearing Zach's supposed assumption, snuggled closer into my neck, making all the hair in my body stand up. He must've sensed it happen because I felt him smile at the back of my neck.

I felt my cheeks heat up as I tried to keep my composure so that I could give Zach a straight answer.

"He's just cold." I waved it off, feeling Daniel's hot breath fanning my neck.

Suddenly my body was tingling all over. Is it just me or is it getting awfully hot in this cab?

Oh good Lord, what is happening to me?

"It's thirty degrees Celsius in this cab, Lotte." Jack deadpanned. "How could he get cold?"

"Um. Temperature intolerance?" I offered, but they didn't seem the least convinced.

"Hypothermia?" I offered again, but Zach just looked at me with an 'Oh really?' look on his face.

"I think Daniel can speak for himself." Jack piped up.

"The fuck are you doing, man?" He asked the boy who now wrapped his hands tight around my waist.

I jumped at the sudden contact, my eyes widening just a fraction.

He pulled away from me for a moment and looked at Jack with a small smile painted on his lips.

"I'm cuddling my wife." He shrugged like it was a fact that Jack should have known from the beginning.

"YOUR WIFE?!" Zach spluttered out, his eyes looked like it was about to pop out of their sockets.

"Yeah." Daniel shrugged, then coming back to doing what he was doing behind my neck like the dog that he is.

He's like a dog that likes sniffing people.

Arf arf, biscuit.

"LOTTE?!" Zach shrieked, looking at me as if wanting me to deny everything Daniel just said.

"We have a kid named Bob. He's a stuffed bear by the way." I shrugged. "Apparently I'm his wife. It's not a big deal, though."

I cupped my hand to the side of my lips. "We're playing pretend." I mouthed to Jack and Zach.

Jack and Zach looked at each other wearily, as if they knew something I didn't before they both pulled out their phones.

They each snapped pictures of Daniel and I- with the blonde's arms wrapped around my waist and his face nuzzled at the crook of my neck while I probably just looked startled.

I pursed my lips at this, not thinking anything of what was happening.

I leaned my head back into the car seat and relaxed, slowly drifting off into dreamland.

-

"Get one paper out of the fish bowl and then that's your person." Ibiza instructed the seven of us.

There were eight of us right now. We were all seated on the floor- except Ibiza, she was standing up, forming a big circle. Daniel was still beside me, minus the nuzzling into my neck and being all touchy-feely. Jack sat on the left of Daniel, then Zach beside Jack, then Kenneth beside Zach, Marie beside Kenneth, Jonah beside Kenneth, and Corbyn beside both Jonah and I.

Ibiza pulled a roll of paper for herself and gave Daniel the fish bowl. She instructed him to give it to Jack and then do it clockwise as we went, making me the last one to go later on.

Daniel looked at me at the corner of his eye and gave me a soft smile before taking a piece of paper inside.

He leaned into my ear.

"I hope I get you." He whispered. "So I have a reason to give you a present without looking weird."

I bit back a laugh. What a weirdo.

"Sure." I hummed.

He couldn't open the piece of paper yet, since Ibiza told us that we were all gonna do it at the same time.

I felt someone push the cold surface of the fishbowl to my arm. I looked to my right and my baby blue eyes met sea green ones.

Our arms brushed for a moment before he quickly looked away and handed me the fishbowl with a small frown written on his lips.

He didn't even talk to me.

Did I do something wrong?

I pursed my lips and took the last piece of paper inside the fishbowl. My hands trembled for no reason and I felt myself get nervous all of a sudden.

I finally took the piece of paper and slid the fishbowl on the floor carefully.

Ibiza grinned at all of us. Her golden brown eyes gleamed at us in happiness.

"What are you waiting for?" She cheered. "Open up!"

I stood up and darted to the opposite side of the room, away from everyone else so they wouldn't find out who my secret person is. I quickly unrolled the piece of paper in my hands and almost fainted at the name printed in bold black letters.

Oh crud.

-

Question of the day:

Who do you think she got for Secret Santa? And who got her?