Chapter Twenty-eight

AND THEN HE kissed me. His lips met mine in a flash and sparks-- wait no, it was like I was on fire. My hands made their way to his soft, blonde-brown hair. The connection between us was exhilarating.

Sike. I'm just kidding.

I stood there mouth agape, as I tried to process the words that just left Daniel's mouth. He likes me? All the things he said to me before, the cold stares, the blank conversations that used to envelop the two of us came rushing back to me in a flash. My chest heaved up and down heavily as I tried to comprehend everything that was going on, all while staring into his deep set blue ocean eyes.

He looked at me expectantly, as if waiting for a response.. or even a confession.

My head started to feel woozy, a shock of vertigo hit me. My chest continued to tighten as I felt my body start to heat and then freeze, my eyes fixated on his. I feel like I'm about to--

And then there was darkness.

-
"How did this happen?"

"What the hell did you do to her?!"

"She needs to be taken to the nearest hospital, quick! I know what this is."

Snippets of their conversations flew inside my brain as I desperately tried to wake up, open my eyes, and tell them off for cussing. But I couldn't. And then I did it again. I fell out of consciousness.

-

Beep Beep Beep Bee--

"Who set the alarm?" I jolted upright, clutching my head, eyes shut, as a sudden pain seared through it.

When the pain semi-subsided, I opened my eyes slowly and was met with white walls and an empty room. My eyes caught sight of fluffy pink watermelon socks that adorned my size 9 feet, and a plain white.. hospital gown?

I'm in a hospital?

Beep Beep Beep

I looked at where the suddend fast paced beeping sound was coming from and saw a heart rate monitor connected to my wrist.

Why am I in a hos-- oh no.

The events that happened before I passed out came rushing back to me.

Daniel confessing his utmost adoration towards me.

Him using 11th Grade Science lessons and astronomical information to do so.

Jonah confessing before Daniel.

Corbyn.

The reality show.

Oh my gosh I passed out!

Oh no.

Oh no.

The chastising thoughts consumed me and I clutched my head, closing my eyes forcefully,.as a searing pain came through it once more.

"Ah! Make it stop!" I shrieked.

I heard a bunch of footsteps barge into the room and nurses were talking over the other.

I felt someone take both my hands off of each side of my head, but I kept my eyes shut, gritting my teeth together because of the pain.

I felt the nurses shuffle around with my IV and then leave the room. However, I was still shaking.

I suddenly felt someone pull me close to their warm chest. The scent is quite familiar.

"Lotte it's okay, I'm right here." I heard his voice.

He's here?

I felt myself calm as I heard the heart rate monitor slow its previously fast pace.

I took a deep breath and opened my eyes. meeting his green ones, "Federigo, is that you?"

The curly haired boy gave me a dimpled smile, "No, it's John Cena."

He was wearing his usual boyish attire, his black skinny jeans, Jordan's, and white v-neck. Same old Federigo.

I pouted, "I can't see you."

"I see you still have those stupid puns, did they help you win the contest thigy?" He wiggled his eyebrows at me, sitting down onsthe small hospital chair beside my bed.

"It's not yet finished." I shrugged.

Then, I remembered something.

"Fed, what just happened? Why are you here? Why am I here? Are you really here?" I bombarded the curly guy with questions.

He laughed, "One question at a time, Lotte. You just had an anxiety attack. One of your friends.. Mia, was it? Yeah. She told me she saw the symptoms in you a few weeks ago but spoke nothing of it. Turns out, you had a few information overloads, stressed out often, which caused your anxiety attack last night, and tonight."

I nodded, "But why are you here? Why aren't Mia and the others here?"

He shrugged, "Said they had taping until 11 pm or whatever. I'm here because they called your mom in to sign the sign out papers, but she couldn't make it. So, she called my mom, but she couldn't make it either. So, me and the guys insisted that we go here."

My eyes widened, "The guys are here?"

He laughed wholeheartedly, "Yep. The whole squad."

"Well where are they?" I questioned, meeting his emerald green eyes.

"Probably flirting with the nurses at the cafeteria." He shrugged.

"Oh." Was all I could say because my head started feeling woozy all of a sudden.

"F-Fed, w-what's h-happening?" I slurred, flopping down the bed instinctively.

I heard him chuckle, "The nurse put medicine in your IV, it's side effect makes you sleepy. I guess I'll see you in the morning, Lotte."

I felt him move me around the bed so I would be comfortable.

I felt his lips come in contact with my forehead. "Sweet dreams, Lotte. I'll see you in the morning."

-
Vote, Comment, Follow, Share!

Question of the day:
Aw, Federigo is so cute, isn't he?

A/N:
It's been two months!