Chapter Forty-three

MY EYES STRUGGLED TO adjust to the bright light that came from the open window as I began to open them. The alarm clock-- which I didn't even know I had-- has been ringing for probably the past ten minutes and I couldn't be bothered to get up and shut it off. However, when I felt the urge to pee, I instantly woke. I couldn't adjust to the bright light so I kept my eyes shut as I started to sit up from my position on the bed. However, a heavy weight kept me from getting up. My eyebrows furrowed, even with my eyes still clamped shut due to the glaring sunlight. My mind wasn't functioning properly, and my urge to pee wasn't helping with the situation either. Unconsciously, with all my might, I threw the heavy weight off of me.

"Oomph!" I heard a voice grunt in pain.

That made my eyes snap open and take in my surroundings. I was in a cream and caramel colored room. There was a guitar seated on top of a bean bag chair, and clothes were scattered around the floor. My eyes widened when I saw my familiar black bag on the floor with the zipper partially opened. The heels I wore were on the floor as well. My eyes trailed from the floor to my bare legs that were laid on top of a white bed that was most certainly not mine. They then trailed on my thighs, then to the white oversized shirt I was wearing. I had a mortified look on my face when I saw that I had no shorts on. My hands were shaking as I lifted up my shirt. I sighed in relief when I saw that i was wearing boxers underneath. Then my eyes widened in panic when I remembered that I didn't own boxers.

"What was that for Elora?" A voice startled me from my internal panic fest.

My eyes almost popped out of its sockets when I saw a half naked Daniel getting up from the floor. He was rubbing the back of his head while grunting in pain. My eyes trailed down from his face, to his toned abs that made my face flush red at the numerous thoughts and possibly sinful scenarios that my head was making up. That's when I lost it.

"AAAAAAAAH!" I screamed at the top of my lungs at the sight of the half naked boy.

"Elora calm down." Daniel's bright blue eyes widened at my sudden outburst and immediately put his arms out to hold my shoulders. I flinched at his touch and moved further into the bed away from him.

"No! Stay away from me!" A sudden pain seared through my head and I could only guess that it was because of me drinking last night. My eyes suddenly widened in fear at the things that I might have done.

I looked at Daniel's half naked body and gulped in fear. He saw my expression and understood what it meant.

"Elora I can explain!" He held his arms out again to calm me down. It worked as I thought of the fact that there could be another reason as to why our clothes were on the floor and he and I are practically half naked and I was probably wearing his shirt and--

I flinched as I shook my head again and said, "I'll listen. But first, I have to use the loo."

Daniel nodded in understanding as I rushed to the bathroom and did my business. When I got out, I saw him fixing his bed with Bob on it.

"Why do you have Bob?" I questioned the boy as I walked towards his bed and sat down.

He sat down beside me, "Mia gave it to me when you were in the hospital."

That was reasonable. I mean the two of us built Bob, so we share him in way. Geez, it's like child custody and whatnot.

I pursed my lips and nodded, "Okay.. Now can you please explain to me why you are half naked, I'm wearing clothes that probably belong to you, my stuff are scattered on the floor, why I'm in the same bed as you, and why you were hugging the living flickity fluck out of me?! Because my mind is seriously in shambles at the things that we might have done and might regret infinitely and I just don't know what I'd do to myself if I end up ruining your life and mine and I don't--" I rambled on but was cut off by Daniel hugging me.