S2: 46 | The Crimes of Elora-wald

"I'm guilty of a crime I didn't commit."— Lotte, Not A Game Anymore

Chapter Forty-six
-

"OH HE'S THE boyfriend." Marie cut in the conversation before Ibiza smacked the back of her head.

Marie groaned in pain before she noticed the tension in the air and looked at Ibiza guiltily. "Oh I wasn't supposed to talk? Was I?"

Ibiza just facepalmed.

I looked back at the guys who were sizing each other up as if this was some street fighting ring.

And we were back to the awkward and very interesting tension.

I pursed my lips. "Well, this took a wrong turn."

All their eyes snapped towards me. I raised my hands up in defense. "Oh don't mind me, I was just a girl in the city doing alright when I became a worldwide comedian overnight."

Angel stifled a laugh but immediately stopped when Ibiza jabbed her not-so-subtly in the ribs.

I coughed, feeling the gaze of everyone on me. "Right."

"We're just gonna go." I pulled Jordan's arm closer to me when I started dragging him away.

Daniel's, Corbyn's, and Jonah's gazes immediately snapped towards mine and Jordans arms that were linked together.

"Where do you think you're going with that..." Corbyn's intimidating voice shook the cabin. ".. guy?"

Jordan choked back a laugh at how his own brother couldn't even recognize him.

"To my room." I answered in a clipped tone.

I looked at Ibiza for permission and she nodded. She knew I had a friend coming over to stay in the cabin, but she didn't know it was a guy and that it was Jordan Besson. That's why even she assumed that he was some foreign boyfriend of mine.

"See? Even Ibiza approves." I looked at them and then turned away.

"Let's go." I told Jordan before I started towing him with me.

"Hold on a second!" Jonah called out, making Jordan and I halt in our tracks.

We turned towards him simultaneously. My head tilted to the right. "What?"

"Aren't you gonna introduce us to him first?" Jonah asked stiffly.

Okay what in the world has gotten into these three boys and why are they not acting like themselves today?

Well, except Daniel.

He's always that dark and brooding.

But Corbyn and Jonah?

Insert low whistle here man, because their behavior today is out of this world.

"Oh this is my friend." I smiled pointing at Jordan.

"Does he have a name?" Corbyn quirked an eyebrow at Jordan.

"Oh his name is J—"

"He can speak for himself, right?" Daniel cut me off, not even bothering to meet my eyes.

"Oh of course he can, right J—"

"I'm not talking to you." Daniel coldly said.

Taken aback, I looked down and felt my body freeze.

"Come on Lotte, let's just go." Jordan whispered, starting to pull me away from where my feet were glued to the floor.

"What's his name and why is he in this cabin?" Daniel asked without batting an eyelash.