S2: 48 | The Date With The Foreign Boyfriend Pt. 1

"We're just strangers with the same damn hunger." — Strangers, Halsey ft. Lauren Jauregui

Chapter Forty-eight
-

THREE KNOCKS RESOUNDED from the door and through Marie's bedroom. The thumping of my heart against my ribcage reflected Marie and Angel's eager footsteps as they stumbled their way to the door, trying to get their hands on the handle first.

I stood up from the bed and dusted myself off. I took a quick look at the mirror to check my appearance.

I was dolled up. The high-rise beige-colored girlfriend chino's I wore was partnered with a white sleeveless crop top that showed too much skin— but luckily, the beige-colored fur coat Angel lent me covered everything that needed to be covered. My hair was left down in its natural waves and my... makeup— GAH it feels awkward saying this— was done simply. My feet were in beautiful winter boots from Marie— they are warm as flickity fluck.

"Hey Lotte."

I tore my eyes away from the mirror and looked at a smiling Jordan who was outside the doorstep of Marie's room.

I made my way over to him and offered him a kind smile.

He gave me a bundle of white roses and a single pink one in the middle. They were in a pink colored bouquet.

He was wearing almost the same thing he was wearing earlier— except it looks warmer and more comfortable now. He was in a tan colored hoodie and a brown trench coat. His jeans were light wash brown and his Doc Marten's were a shiny shade of brown.

"Oh look at you two, matchy-matchy already!" Angel squealed.

I scowled at her, "Suck a lemon, Angel."

She stuck her tongue out at me teasingly, "Love you too, Lotte!"

I rolled my eyes at her and then looked at Jordan. "Let's go?"

He nodded, his lips pursed in a smile. "Of course."

He led me outside Marie's room and we started our long journey outside the cabin.

Oh did I mention that Marie's room was at the very back of the cabin so if we walk to the front door, we will have to deal with everyone?

No?

Well, now I just mentioned it.

And I just realized that maybe we could postpone.

"Hey Jordan maybe we—"

"Look what we have here."

I froze, not even able to form a single coherent word to finish my former sentence.

My eyes drifted to Jordan's, and he looked pretty chill.

I looked at the person who called us out in the middle of the hallway and grimaced.

"Hi Will." I waved at him... and the camera that was blinking red— it's live.

"Hey Lotte!" Our loving camera man waved back.

"Soooo..." His eyes darted between me and Jordan. "Whatcha guys up to?"

Jordan oh-so smartly decided to answer for the both of us. "We're going on a d—"

"DUCK SHOPPING!" I blurted out, making both guys look at me.

"We're going duck shopping." I internally grimaced at my stupid idea.

Could you be any more stupid Lotte?

"Duck shopping in Canada?" Will asked, focusing the camera on me with an amused expression on his face.