S2: 37 | Live Streaming a Fight

"She's not afraid of all the attention. She's not afraid of running wild. How come she's so afraid of falling in love?"- She's Not Afraid, One Direction

Chapter Thirty-eight
Jonah Marais
-
"FROM THE TOP!" David, our music coordinator instructed from across the room.

We have been going at it for hours. The show was gonna be only for two hours tonight, but the preparation has already taken six hours so far. Don't get me wrong, I love the fans- we all do. But we need to rest sometimes, you know?

"Hold on!" Daniel shouted from across the stage, taking off his bandana and wiping it across his face.

Hr hopped off the stage and then onto the floor in a rush. "Gotta go to the loo."

David nodded and let him go, with Daniel immediately scampering off to the comfort room.

"Okay!" David clapped. "Since Daniel's out, breaktime!"

The boys and I simultaneously sighed in relief. God, I thought it would never end.

The four of us hopped off the stage and went to the front row seats where we set our bags. I sat on one of the seats and took my bag which was laid right beside it. I took out my phone and checked my Twitter for any notifications and then went to my messaging app to go and check on my contacts.

My eyes brightened when I saw a text from Lotte.

Lotte R. 🥙: Good luck with sound check, Jo. See you when you get back. 🤪

A smile flitted to my lips and I felt my cheeks heat up. The message was sent six hours ago, which meant that she sent it when the guys and I were still starting practice.

Jonah M. 🥯: Thank you. 🥰 See you later, love. x

I sent the quick text back and hurriedly went to Twitter. I clicked on the 'Send new Tweet' option and immediately typed in a tweet.

JonahMarais : what a wonderful day to be alive 🥙

I then put my phone back to my pocket with a smile gracing my lips and my heart beating like there was no tomorrow.

There's just something about Lotte that makes me go crazy. She makes me feel inexplicable immense joy that I couldn't get from anybody else.

My eyes found Corbyn's lonely figure that was sat on one of the chairs across the room. He was scrolling through his phone idly, which was so unlike him. Not long ago, when we were still on tour and there was no Lotte he used to make the most of break time. He would rap until all of us were having trouble breathing because of laughing so much, and he would ask each of us to do pranks with him. But now, I don't even see a trace of the man who was once like that.

Over the course of eight months, he grew up. He actually grew up even when none of us thought he would leave the fun times of his childhood.

An unsettling feeling traversed from my stomach to my spine.

I'm not dumb, nor am I naive.

I know that there's something going on between him and Lotte. If there wasn't, why would Lotte have gone last night during her own birthday?

Yes, I know it was her birthday.

And I had this whole surprise planned for her when I found out that she was not in her and Daniel's room.

To be honest, it wasn't just me who planned the surprise. For some unknown reason, Zach and Jack keep helping me.

They were the ones who dragged me out of my room on Christmas Eve to go buy huge amounts of presents for Lotte.