Chapter Thirty-one

BY THE TIME I got to the house, it was already two in the morning. Asti and I had talked to each other like we were long lost friends for most of the night and ended up exchanging numbers. Talking to her helped me get my mind off things, and I really am thankful that destiny let us meet.

I entered the gate and the guard just nodded at me in acknowledgement. I smiled at him and proceeded to walk to the front door, my flip flops making a distinct noise as it crunched when I stepped on the dried leaves. I bit my lip and sighed as I entered the house and went inside the kitchen to get myself a mug of milk. With the mug in my hand, I made my way upstairs and into the balcony of the mansion. I left the mug on the small coffee table there and went inside mine and Mia's room where I found her already sleeping soundly.

I took my black set of pyjamas and did my business in the bathroom and left mine and Mia's room once more.

I tiptoed my way out of the hallway and sighed in content when I finally got to the balcony again. To my surprise, my mug was not on the table anymore.

My brows furrowed when I felt a sudden shiver run down my spine. I shook the treacherous thoughts out of my head and let out a puff of breath to calm myself.

Ghosts aren't real.

I don't even think a ghost is capable of holding a mug.

I suddenly heard a huff of breath being let out from behind me and I clenched my eyes shut as anxiety took over me. Maybe ghosts are real?

My heartbeat paced and my hands suddenly turned cold when I felt someone's presence come near me.

I flailed my arms up in the air in hopes of shooing the host, "Spirit be gone! Spirit be gone! In the Mighty name of my Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ! Spirit be--"

"Woah, woah. Elora, chill." The lights were suddenly flicked on from behind me and my eyes found their way to ocean blue ones that were mere centimeters from mine.

"Spirit be gone." I whispered to him, and closed my eyes, hoping that like the non-existent ghost, he would disappear.

Talking to Asti made me realize two things: one, I should chill about this whole 'having feelings for me' thing that these boys have going on; and two, Daniel and Jonah are my friends, and that should make me relax because despite them having 'feelings' for me, they're good friends to me. Does that even make sense? Urgh. I hate it when I babble inside my head.

Although I already have those two realizations, something about being in the same place as this blue eyed boy makes me feel... I dont know.. awkward?

Ugh, that's a puzzle I am yet to solve.

"What are you doing up this late?" Daniel asked me, his blue eyes shining in the moonlight.

It took everything in me to prevent myself from touching his eyes. They look like sapphires.. or maybe even diamonds!

I blinked, tilting my head to the side, "What are you doing up this late?"

He shook his head and let out a hearty laugh, "God, you are so cute."

My heart skipped a beat as I crossed my arms over my chest and scowled, "I'm not God. Don't use God's name in vain!"

He raised his arms defensively, "I'm sorry," He paused then looked at the night sky, "I'm sorry God, please forgive me."

I looked at his small pout and smiled when his eyes met mine again, "The milk was great."

I narrowed my eyes at him as annoyance overpowered the awkwardness that I was feeling, "You drank my milk?"