Chapter Thirty-six

"YOU LOOK AWFULLY happy today, Trina." I narrowed my eyes in suspicion at the girl who was singing a disney princess song from Frozen, Love is an open door, all while sweeping the lounge room floor with a broom.

I was on top of the small ladder in the middle of the room, dusting off the ceiling from all of the dirt and cobwebs. I swear I probably have cobwebs all over my head. Good thing I put my hair in a bun earlier though. Otherwise, it would have been worse. This was our group's new ritual. Yes, a ritual. We clean the mansion every monday morning so that we would actually have something to do before the annual interviews. The dates were stopped, and the new schedule of activities is yet to be given to us.

Mia, who was wiping the windows looked at the girl in curiosity, "Lotte's right. You're overly active today. Is something wrong?"

Trina struggled to hold in a smile as she turned bright red. She ducked her head, trying to hide her face while continuing to sweep the floor. Mia and I gave each other a knowing look.

"Oh, somethings definitely up." I shook my head, chuckling at the girl's expression. The girl turned a brighter shade of red, if that was even possible. She tried to hide her face with her long blonde hair but Mia and I knew better.

Mia stopped wiping the windows and I began to go down the ladder, stopping what I was doing a few seconds earlier. Mia and I both cornered Trina in one corner, giving each other knowing looks. There's something Trina isn't telling us, and we're going to get to the bottom of it.

"Spit it out." Mia commanded, making the blonde purse her lips into a thin line, holding back a smile.

I raised my eyebrows at her, awaiting her reply, "Well?"

She looked up at the ceiling and sighed, "Promise you won't act.. irrationally."

Mia scoffed in fake offense, "Are you calling us irrational?!"

I rolled my eyes at this as my face turned serious, "Did something bad happen to you?"

Trina immediately shook her head no, "Oh this is far from bad, Lotte."

Mia and I both scooted closer to the girl, waiting for her to tell us what has been bothering her for the majority of the morning.

The blonde covered her face with her hands and looked at us through her fingers as she whispered, "Zach asked me out."

I gasped in shock, "Woah, since when have you two been dating?"

However, Mia's reaction was different. She jumped on Trina and started shaking the poor girl's body in excitement. "Holy cow, I call dibs as the maid of honor!"

I laughed at Trina's taken aback expression, clearly, Mia didn't take notice of the fact that she was nearly choking our best friend to death. "Hey, enough of that, Mia. Let Trin breathe."

Mia looked at me cheekily, "I'm sorry. I'm just so excited, I could AAAAAAHHHH!" She squealed out loud jumping up and down, completely ignoring the fact tha she left Trina lying on the floor, laughing.

I laughed too, going over to where Trina was and helping her up, "You haven't answered my question yet."

Trina shrugged with a smile as she plopped down of the sofa, "Not long, and not at all. It's the first time he's ever asked me on a date, so I said yes. Besides, I think he's super nice."

I smiled, sitting down next to her on the soft sofa, "He is, minus the stinky farts, he's a great conversationalist." I said, remembering the time Zach and I went on a picnic together where we discussed conspiracies about the universe.