S2: 28 | Frozen to Death

"Christmas is here and I'm feeling all alone. Unbreak my lonely home, fix my broken soul." - This Christmas, original song by Ibiza Toledo

Chapter Twenty-eight
CHRISTMAS SPECIAL 6 (FINAL)
-

JACK FROST CAME through the bay window of the hotel room, swiftly meeting my nose in a soft cold kiss.

Earlier today, it was forecasted that a mild snow storm was going to hit Paris, France in the evening. And as predicted, it's been snowing heavily for the past hour.

I looked out the window to see thick snow falling to the ground.

Sometimes, I like to think that we're all like snow. One way or another, we meet our purpose- we do the one thing we're supposed to. The same way snow falls with one purpose, to hit the ground.

Have I done what I'm supposed to yet?

Did I meet my purpose already?

I sighed once again, feeling my lungs expand from the sudden change of pace of my own breathing.

Oh how I wish my purpose was like that of a snowflake.

At least they know what they're meant to do.

I, on the other hand, am completely clueless.

"Lotte, you sure you don't want to go?" Angel's soft tone made my heart whimper.

Am I making the right decision of not going?

My heart wrenched at the thought of attending the party only to see everyone celebrating another girl's arrival and how she was so great and ultimately better than anyone else.

Believe me, I'm not self-centered. But my heart just couldn't take the fact that the holiday that was supposed to be celebrated with happiness because if was for Jesus Christ, friends, and family was going to be turned into a 'Lizzie is the best and we should all go fangirl over everything she does'.

I'm not overreacting either. From what Mason texted me earlier while I was here in Daniel and I's room, crying my heart out in front of Angel, he told me that he overheard Zach say that he created a group chat for all of the boys and Lizzie without me in it.

He named it 'Lizzie's Fam!'.

Way to crush a girl's heart, am I right?

I received a few texts from Daniel and Jonah too, asking where I was.

Funny how Daniel could literally just check upstairs here in our room instead of bombarding me with twenty messages- but hey, I'm not worth anybody's time, right?

I bit my lip. Is this really how I am now?

Not long ago, I could give less flickity flicks about what these boys thought of me. Not even a year ago, I was completely okay with them not paying any attention to me.

But why is it that now..

Now it's like they're all that matters?

"Yeah." I smiled at Angel as I sat up on Daniel and I's bed. "You go have fun with them. I already texted Mason that you're hanging out with them tonight and he's chill with you going."

Angel looked at me with concern written all over her doll face. "I was really looking forward to celebrating Christmas with you, Lotte."

I gave her a weak smile, fiddling with my fingers that were currently wrapped with white fleece mittens that Angel had me borrow earlier when she noticed how cold I was.

"We can celebrate later when the party ends early." I offered.

Angel looks really beautiful tonight. She wore a pair of black slacks that clung onto her skin perfectly, her top was a christmas red dress that had sleeves coming until just before her elbows. She has a santa hat with a little bell along with the small white puff at the top and her makeup was done beautifully.