S2: 62 | Kabedon

"You will always be my favorite form of loving."— Cloud 9

Chapter Sixty-two
-

"WHERE THE HELL are the fireworks?!" Marie yelled as soon as she emerged from the staircase.

The usually-bubbly girl was being retained from setting off fireworks as Ibiza was cautious of her explosive ways— "She might burn down the cabin." Ibiza had so bluntly stated earlier, making Marie wail and cry about the unjust leadership of the manager.

I don't blame Ibiza though, she already has enough burden from all the tasks management gives her, and she has to deal with all of us on a daily basis too. I have to put a good word in for her to Harry so that he'd take her out on a vacation sometime.

"Sparklers, Marie." Ibiza shoved a box of sparklers in Marie's hands. "That's all you're allowed to use."

Angel snickered as she went on instagram live, filming all of us for the world to see. She's very known in the fandom to be the go-to for Why Don't We updates— this all happened after she joined us for Christmas in Paris.

"You shouldn't have done that." Angel chuckled, looking at Ibiza. "Even a makeup brush is an explosive in Marie's hands."

Ibiza's eyes widened as the reality of the situation hit her. "Oh shit."

But before she could grab the box back from Marie, the makeup artist was long gone, running for her life. Ibiza sighed and facepalmed.

"You need a vacation." I pointed out. I have Harry a knowing look and he nodded, getting the message.

"A long one." I grinned, before turning away from the couple who was now discussing future vacation plans.

It was now a few minutes before New Year. Jack, Zach, Jonah, and I went back inside after being told off by Will— who was apparently there, filming the whole thing since he knew about the surprise. Shocker, Jack and Zach probably told him to come.

Speaking of the duo, they were setting up the table— much to my displeasure. Who knows where their hands have been? Gah, I don't even know if they washed after they played in the snow. My inner germaphobe is coming out, help.

The snacks were all on the small coffee table they had set up, along with a few light alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks. Apple juice piked my interest as I went over to grab a box before someone else beat me to it.

A fair sense of deja vu hit me when his fingers brushed against mine and tingles erupted on my skin. I looked up at him, and he, at me. His ocean blue eyes made it hard for me to hear my gaze off of him but I managed.

Taking advantage of his momentary shock, I grabbed the apple juice from his grasp and walked away.

I sighed in relief once I got away from the guy. I looked at my right hand and my eyes narrowed at he spot that still felt light tingles from his touch. He gives me major heebie-jeebies. Damn, I really am uncomfortable around him.

Or maybe I'm just cold..

I hummed and I realized that maybe it's just the fact that I'm wearing a thin white shirt, boy shorts, and decorative banana socks with my white slides— I'm just cold.  I decided that I'll go get my cardigan from downstairs to keep me warm.

I punched a hole on the apple juice box with a straw and started sipping on the delicious drink as I walked down the stairs to the cabin to get a cardigan from my room.

But before I could get to the bottom of the staircase, I was pushed to the wall, my almost-empty apple juice box dropping to the floor and making an excruciatingly painful sound of 'a good drink going to waste'.

I looked up and my breath hitched in my throat at the sight of deep ocean blue hues gazing into my own eyes. I felt my cheeks heat up at the close proximity and it was only then that I realized he was holding me in the famous anime kabedon.

Both his arms encased me, effectively trapping me to the wall, while I had no choice but to stay put, otherwise, one wrong move might bring me physically closer to him— and I don't want to do anything I might regret.

"D-Daniel." I nervously laughed. "Uh, can you let me go?"

His face remained stoic but his ocean blue eyes that seemed to glow brighter than the ocean showed an array of emotions that I couldn't quite decipher.

When I realized he wasn't going to talk, I spoke up again. "This is funny, two friends just talking. Haha—" I sweatdropped at my lame attempt to shrug off the fact that he was holding me in a kabedon.

Oh God I can feel his breath on my cheek.

"Just two friends hanging out..." I nervously chuckled. "Two friends, normal— y-yeah, normal stuff here."

Oh God, he's holding me too close.

"Would you stop that?" He asked all of a sudden, making my eyes snap towards him.

"Stop what?" I asked cluelessly.

"Stop saying that this is a normal thing friends do, because I see you more than friend and you know that." He confessed, an emotion I could finally decipher as hurt flashed in his eyes.

"I'm a man after your heart." He told me truthfully.

I blinked, "But—"

The desperate, broken tone of his voice pierced through my heart.

"I'm a man, Elora." He pleaded. "So, treat me like one."

I could feel the erratic beating of his heart as he pressed his chest against mine.

Despite my hazy mind filled with nothing else but the intoxicating scent of him, I found myself saying a single word that seemed to make his year. "Okay."

He pulled away from me and pursed his lips. "Let's go back before they start looking for us."

I shook my head no, "Go ahead. I still have something to get from my room."

He nodded, seeming unfazed by what he just did to me earlier. But I could see a faint tinge of pink on his cheeks.

"Okay." He nodded and then turned, walking up the steps to the terrace and leaving me to tend to my own messed up thoughts.

First, Corbyn, then Jonah, and now, Daniel?

I sighed, letting out a shaky laugh.

This night sure is full of surprises.

-

a/n:
this season's coming to an end
oh crud im crying pretty tears