Lose You to Love Me

A/N: My friend again wrote this. This can be about whatever footballer you want it to be.

You know the saying you have to lose someone to love yourself, that was a prime example for Yn.

She has been with her boyfriend since they were 14, they were childhood sweethearts, they were each other's first everything. Everyone gushed about them, she was his biggest supporter and always believed in his potential. She was always at his games, come rain or shine. She was at all his debuts and got the nickname lucky charm.

When he made it 'big time' he always mentioned Yn for his success. He always promised her the world, and she fell for it, living that fantasy that they'd be together forever, he'd win the ballon d'or and they'd have a big wedding which is featured in Hello! and have a big family and a TV show. Blah blah blah.
She always put him first, before anything or anyone and he loved that. But he'd never do the same for her. Probably doing the opposite, happy to cancel on her but never the other way round.

When he made it, of course YN was proud of him, but this is where she started to lose herself. He brought her fancy gifts and something in her brain switched, she realised that she had to act differently. She had to be this perfect 'WAG' she had to be seen in the stadium supporting her man, she had the likes of Victoria Beckham, Cheryl and Colleen the IT WAGs. The more money and brands wanted his name, the more attention he got from girls which any young guy would love.

He never treated her right, only ever giving her the time of day when they were out publicly, but when he went out partying she knew when she was in their bed he was out somewhere in the city with some slut he had chose to fuck that night.

She saw all the signs but chose to ignore them, her rose glasses were definitely distorted. She thought maybe all the footballers did this, and at least he came back. She must be doing something right?

She broke down one night, telling him how much she had gave to him and how this was all one sided. How they went into everything blindly. He had torn her down so many times and it was definitely showing. And he was definitely getting off on her hurting.  As if he enjoyed the pain he made her feel when he cancelled once she were all dressed up and simply letting the fire take over. Every time he picked at her and started arguments with her, it was like he was killing her softly.

She realised that she had to get out, she deserved to be treated better and they were now completely different people than their 14 year old selves. And the man she lived with definitely wasn't the guy she fell in love with.

Just two months after they ended it, he had moved on. He was plastered in the media with his new side piece. She hated him for making it look so easy that he moved on.

She really did need to hate and lose him to love herself, and she was definitely now thriving.