Two Ghosts - Emre Can

I had this saved in my drafts and I've just found it! Im obsessed with this, not to toot my own trumpet or anything...

Lana and Emre were stood opposite each other but it felt like they were miles apart as they both just stared at each other hoping the other one would say something. But neither of them did. What was there to say?

They both fallen out of love with one another and it wasn't anyone's fault. They both respected and cared for the other, neither of them cheated or could say a bad word about them. It was like they were living two separate lives, the only thing joining them was the apartment they shared. They were very much two hearts in one home.

It has been a few days since they saw each other and when they did it was like they were stepping on eggshells trying to get around each other. Neither of them wanted to be the 'bad guy' to bring the topic up about what they were truly feeling. They were still sleeping in the same bed at night, but now there was miles apart from them.

It broke Lana's heart when she realised that she had fallen out of love with her best friend, she couldn't pinpoint the exact moment but she knew the feeling had vanished. It broke her heart that they didn't text each other 'good morning' or 'good night' or even 'love you'. It killed her inside that they didn't kiss or even hold hands when they were walking down the Italian streets.
Their conversations were very minimal, while they main attention was on their phone or laptop or even the TV rather than the other person.

It also killed Emre, he started to notice how she didn't aim for one of his jumpers to keep her warm while they were relaxing at home. How she didn't sit close to him and put her head on his shoulder. How her hands didn't find his and subconsciously start playing with his rings while they were anywhere. When he looked at her, he couldn't feel his heart burst, and he didn't understand it. She looked just like herself, her breathtaking self, but she didn't have that effect on him anymore. And that was heartbreaking.

The only thing they seemed to do together nowadays was to go watch Juventus play. It has always been their thing, they were both still hanging onto that.

Emre walked into their shared apartment, he was suspicious when he couldn't hear his love. Usually he gets to hear her before he gets to see her. Whether she was singing at the top of her voice, or her vinyl was booming through the speakers, which she usually does when she is doing any activity around the house.

He walked into the kitchen first to put down the take out that he got on the way home, he wanted to make an effort this Friday night. It was his attempt to get back on track with her, take out on Friday has been their thing.

Lana smelt food and made her way off the balcony which she found herself just staring into the distance. He kissed her forehead softly which gained a smile from her.

She went for the cupboard and grabbed two wine glasses and grabbed a red wine from the fridge. She felt her body tremble as she knew she had to do this now, because it will only hurt more if they prolong it.

"I've got your favourite" Emre sang still unaware.

She pushed the glass towards him and gulped a mouthful down, hoping the buzz will get her through this.

"Emre we need to talk" she spoke gently.

He nodded grabbing the plates. "Ofcourse but we can do it over dinner"

She reached out for his arm to stop him, and gave him a sympathetic look. He instantly nodded and placed them down.

Tears appeared in her eyes as she looked at the man she fell in love with. They had been dating for three years.

She had been his rock, thanks to her he managed to see straight when things didn't go his way. She was with him late at night when he got woken up with cramp, she helped him through injury and even held him while he cried. She was also his biggest supporter when he told her the Italian giants Juventus were interested in him and encouraged him to take the leap of faith. She was there when he won his first medal in a Germany shirt at the Confederation Cup. She was very much his number one fan, and he appreciates everything she has done for him. He has also been her rock, been their to calm her down through her nightmares, and to cheer her up when she is bored at work.

"I love you Emre" she whispered trying to hold back her emotions.

He instantly placed down the plates and hugged her. They were both holding onto eachother as if their lives depended on it.

"I love you so much Lana" he whispered back, kissing her bare shoulder.

They pulled apart looking into eachothers eyes that was filled with tears.

"I'm so sorry that I can't give you the happiest you deserve, you deserve the world and I cannot be the one to give you that" Lana cried as she wiped his tears away.

"Hey you are enough, this past month is just a dip in the road, we are adjusting to life in Turin and I'm feeling the pressure. But we are fine"

She shook her head. "We can't fight this anymore, we're not the people we used to be Em. We aren't happy, even if we pretend we are"

She gave him a sympathetic smile as she wiped his tears again.

"I love you so much" he hiccuped.

She moved into him and gently placed her lips on him as they kissed slowly. It was a soft, perfect kiss as they both knew it would be the last they share together.

"Maybe in another lifetime" she smiled. "Be that amazing footballer I know you are, you deserve more you deserve"

He smiled and gently kissed her nose before they pulled away.

Yn grabbed her suitcases, she packed hours before and walked out the apartment without looking back.