Blind Date - Trent Alexander -Arnold

No one requested this but I had this idea in my mind 😊 enjoy!

Everyone has that one friend who is determined to find you someone, even though you aren't even bothered about it yourself. And for Penelope that's Meghan- she's been extra determined since she's got serious with her long term boyfriend Jordan. She at first tried to set her up with his teammates rather slyly, introducing her to footballers from the Liverpool team. But no one really got her going, sure they had a few nights together for fun but nothing that could spark into anything more. She even started meeting the England international team, but still no one.

Penelope and Meghan have known each other since primary school, there paths always crossed with them always going to the same schools and even sometimes in the same classes. It wasn't until they moved to University when they started getting close, more like inseparable. Pen was the reason why her best friend found her prince, as she approached him and pointed out her bestfriend who was stood by the bar trying to control her fangirling mode. She ended up being the third wheel, but she didn't really care as she still joins the couple on days out, she gets on with Jordan well so she doesn't see the problem.

"Cant you just call him and tell him I'm ill and very infectious?" I pouted as I pouted at the midfielder.

He let out a small chuckle. "Pen, I promise he is lovely, you'll get on like a house on fire"

I rolled my eyes. "He's a footballer, he's gonna be big headed, he won't even notice if I didn't turn up" I pointed.

I felt a sharp pain on my arm which made me hiss. "Not every footballer is like that, you just need to find a good egg like Jord" Meghan gushed.

I stuck my fingers down my mouth which made them both laugh. Meghan grabbed my shoulders and turned me around to look in the long mirror.

"Any guy would be lucky to have you, you are beautiful, you look so hot in a lacy number and you are so loyal, generous and clever" she cooed as she put her chin on my shoulder.

I let out a deep breath trying to calm myself down, I never been this nervous about a date and I didn't understand why I was feeling like this. It was probably down to that even Jordan was talking up friend. All I knew that the guy was named Trent and he had just come threw the ranks in Liverpool.

I looked at my reflection, I was wearing denim jeans that flared out with a white tee which has 'The Beatles' in their font, as Meghan thought it would be funny. I put my hair in a half up and down style with loose curls in them. My make up was rather natural as we were going out for brunch. As Jordan wants us to get to know each other rather than just get drunk and fuck and then forget about each other.

I ordered an Uber from their house and went to the cafe where he decided to meet. They both stood in the door way waving me off as if I was their daughter about to go on her first date, they even told me to text them when I get there. As soon as I got their I instantly felt butterflies appear in my stomach.

"You look nervous. Is this professional or pleasure?" The driver questioned looking at me in his mirror.

"Pleasure, I've been set up on a date" I explained.

He smiled showing off wrinkles beside his eyes. "If I went on a date and it turned out to be you, I'd be over the moon. Darling don't stress"

I closed my eyes trying to sync myself up. "He's a footballer, he's a big deal apparently"

I heard him chuckle making me open my eyes. "Liverpool or Everton?"

"Liverpool, he's names Trent"

I noticed how much he's face changed, he turned himself in his seat now looking directly at me rather than through a mirror.

"He's a nice guy, you'll enjoy it" he smiled.

He looked out the window and nodded, I turned and followed his eye line which was following a tall, light skinned guy. I instantly noticed that he had a good style, he was walking down the path with his phone on his ear as he spoke and laughed. I felt my heart flutter, it was fair to say he was a good looking guy. I watched as he finished the conversation and put his phone in his pocket before he walked into the cafe.

I managed to control my nerves and got myself out of the car, I walked around the car and followed a couple in the cafe. I looked around the cafe and found him sat in a booth, our eyes met with us both giving us an awkward smile.

He stood up as I approached him, I gave him a small hello as he kissed my cheek as we hugged.

"Did Meg tell you to wear that shirt?" He smirked. I shook my head. "You don't look like a Beatles fan to me" he mentioned.

I raised my brow at him. "And what does a Beatles fan 'looklike' to you?" I questioned.

He shrugged. "Early 60s? 70s?He shrugged.

As both instantly started laughing, which made my feel less tense than before.

"So tell me about yourself Trent, have you always wanted to be a footballer?" I asked leaning on the table infront of me.

"Oh come on, let's not pretend we didn't just google search each other when Jordan and Meg suggested this" he smirked.

"Ooo look at you" I joked.

He leaned forward with a massive smile on his face. "I mean, as soon as they told me you were a model I had to check"

I frowned at him. "Had to check I was hot enough for you to be seen out with me?"

He looked at me shocked but I instantly started laugh which made him laugh slightly.

"If you could be anyone else, who would you be and what would be your story?" He questioned.

I sat up and put my spoon down which I was using to stir my tea.

"I'd be called Anastasia-" I spoke softly. "I'd probably be a stripper, I usually can't last an hour without taking off my clothes" I explained.

He nodded. "Right Anastasia the stripper"

"My name wouldn't be Anastasia when I'm stripping, what about Roxanne?" I questioned.

He rolled his eyes. "That's predictable"

"Lola, the show girl?" I joked making each other laugh. "What about you? What would you do if football didn't take over your life?"

He shrugged. "Honestly I have clue, ever since I was kid I looked up to the likes of Carragher and Gerrard" he smiled. "I remember whenever I was good my mum put me on the bins in the front garden so I could peek at the footballer train"

I smiled at him. "Maybe a dustbin man? Since you seemed to like the bins?" I joked.

He let out a groan as he gently pushed my shoulder. "That was awful" he giggled. "I like you, you're different from every other girl"

"Why because I haven't forced myself on you or asked about your massive pay check?"

He nodded. "Yeah something like that, can we meet again"

I shrugged trying to hide my smirk. "Who knows"