disappeared from my sight - Donah

Daniel's POV

I woke up from my sleep with a yawn. I rubbed my eyes then slowly got out of my bed.

I threw on a sweatshirt before walking downstairs.

I immediately smelt bacon and pancakes being made in the kitchen.

"Why a fancy breakfast mom?" I asked sleepily as I walked into the kitchen.

"Because we have a visitor," she replied.

"Who?" I asked, still half asleep. I felt someone tap my shoulder and I turned around. I saw Jonah.

Jonah and I met online a few months ago and a few weeks after meeting he asked me to be his boyfriend, I obviously said yes. But because we met online we've never been able to meet in person.

"Holy shit," I mumbled. I hugged him tightly as tears started streaming down my cheeks. He held me close to him and kissed the top of my head.

"Hi love," he said gently.

"Hi," I sobbed. He held me even tighter and rubbed my back until I calmed down.

We slowly pulled away from the hug and he wiped my tears gently. "What are you doing here?" I asked, sniffling a few tears back.

"I came to surprise you baby," he replied and kissed my forehead. I hugged him again and he held me close, gently rocking us back and forth.

We pulled away once again and he gently kissed my cheek.

I looked over to see Anna recording us.

"Did you know about this?" I asked her.

"Maybe," she replied with a giggle.

"They all knew," Jonah explained.

"Everyone knew!" I exclaimed in shock.

"Yes we did," Tyler piped in. I laughed a little bit and shook my head playfully.

"I'm just glad you're here," I said, facing Jonah again. He smiled then held my hand.

"Me too," he replied with a smile.

Over the next few weeks that Jonah was in Portland, the couple made the best of their time together. They went on dates as much as possible and spent every moment together.

But all good things come to an end, and it was time for Jonah to leave.

I sat in Jonah's lap, sobbing into his chest. Jonah's flight leaves in 10 minutes.

"I don't want you to leave," I sobbed.

"I know love, me either," he replied soothingly. I cuddled my head into his chest and played with his sweatshirt while he gently rubbed my back. "Shh love, we can visit each other again soon."

He tried soothing me but my tears kept coming, I couldn't stop them.

"Flight 103 to Minnesota," the intercom said. I started sobbing even more as we stood up. I hugged him tightly and he rubbed my back.

"As soon as I get home I'll FaceTime you love. We can FaceTime everyday, and we can visit each other again soon. I promise," Jonah said gently. I nodded then pulled away from the hug.

"I love you Jonah," I said quietly.

"I love you too Dani," he replied. He gently pecked my lips become the final call for his flight was called. "Bye my love."

"Bye," I replied.

Jonah smiled and kissed my forehead before turning around and walking away from me.

In my mind I secretly wanted him to turn around, but that's not Jonah.

He walked right onto the plane without looking back, leaving me a sobbing mess as he disappeared from my sight.