Coming out - Zaniel

Third person

Zach has been hiding a huge secret from his four bandmates. And today he finally decided to tell them.

Wdw groupchat

Zach
Meet me in the living room

Jonah
Everything ok?

Zach
I guess we'll find out

All of the guys walked downstairs and met Zach in the living room. Jonah sat on Zach's left, Daniel on his right, while Jack and Corbyn sat on the other couch.

"What's up Zach?" Corbyn asked gently.

"I uh, I need to tell you guys something," Zach said slowly.

"What is it?" Jack questioned. Daniel could tell the younger boy was nervous so he placed a hand on his back and gently rubbed it.

Zach took a few deep breaths and tears fell down his face slowly.

"Shh Zach, no matter what we'll support you," Daniel said softly.

"You guys are going to hate me!" Zach sobbed.

"No we won't Zach," Jonah soothed. Zach nodded then held Daniel's free hand for comfort.

"I-I'm trans," Zach said gently. He looked down, too ashamed to see their reactions.

When he didn't hear anything he broke down in sobs once again. "I knew you would hate me."

Daniel quickly pulled Zach into a tight hug.

"We don't hate you bub," Daniel said then kissed his forehead. Zach blushed slightly, he's always had a crush on Daniel.

When Zach finally calmed down they started asking some questions.

"Can you just explain more? Like, your story?" Jack asked softly. Zach nodded then took a deep breath. Daniel squeezed his hand for comfort.

"So I was born a girl, my name was Stephanie, and I always knew that I was different than the other girls. I always hated dresses and makeup, I always wanted short hair. I was just, different. So when I was 10 I didn't know what trans meant, but I just kept telling my mom I was a boy. She quickly understood then helped me sell all of my old clothes and barbies, then we bought boy clothes and toy cars and trains and stuff," Zach took a deep, shaky breath. "My whole family was very supportive, but when it came to kids, not so much. I was bullied everyday until high school, when my family decided to move. I moved schools and from then on I was known as Zach."

Daniel tightened his grip on Zach with a smile.

"I'm so proud of you," Corbyn said from the other side of the room. Zach smiled slightly and cuddled more into Daniel.

"You're a very brave boy," Daniel said softly. Zach smiled, being called a boy made him extremely happy.

Zach pulled away from Daniel and the other boys all pulled him into a group hug.

"You're still the same Zach to us," Jonah said happily. Zach smiled.

"Thank you guys," Zach said. He couldn't be happier that they support him.

*a week later*

Although Zach was considered a male, he still had that one week every month that he hated, it reminded him of how feminine he was.

The five Why Don't We guys were at Walmart to get some things. Zach said he was going to the bathroom, but really he went to get pads.

When he got there he kept his head down from embarrassment.

There was another man there, he looked about 25.

"You getting pads for your girl too?" The man asked.

"My uh, my little sister actually," Zach said quickly.

"Would you mind helping me out man? My fiancée asked me to get her some but I have no idea what I'm doing," the man asked Zach.

"Uh yeah, sure," Zach said. He grabbed the pads that he usually uses and handed it to the guy.

"Thanks dude."

"No problem."

Zach grabbed his own pads then quickly paid for them. He texted the guys he wasn't feeling well then drove home with the pads.

When he got home he quickly hid the pads underneath the bathroom sink and sighed. This is how it'll always be.

*10 minutes later*

Zach heard the door to the house open and he cuddled into his blankets even more.

His door slowly opened and Daniel walked in.

"Hey Zach, we got some food if you want to come down," Daniel said. Zach nodded then got out of bed, but Daniel made him sit down on the bed. "But I need to talk to you first."

Zach nodded, telling him to go on. "When we were at Walmart, I saw the conversation you had with that man. The pads weren't for your sister, were they?" Daniel asked sweetly. Zach shook his head slowly as he started sobbing.

"I-I'm sorry," Zach sobbed. Daniel pulled him into a tight hug and played with his hair.

"Why are you sorry Zach?" Daniel asked softly.

"I feel like I keep so much from you guys. And now you'll have to put up with me when I'm on my period," Zach said softly.

"That's ok, you're still my Zachy," Daniel soothed. Zach took his head off of Daniel's chest an looked up at him. Daniel smiled then quickly smashed his lips onto Zach's.

Zach smiled and kissed back, making Daniel smile.

They slowly pulled away and Daniel placed his forehead against Zach's. "Will you be my boyfriend?" Daniel asked softly.

"Of course," Zach replied. Zach gently kissed Daniel again.

The door opened and a gasp was heard. Zach and Daniel quickly pulled away and looked over to see a smiling Corbyn at the door.

He then ran downstairs screaming "Zaniel's real!" making everyone laugh. Daniel took Zach's hand into his and walked downstairs with a huge smile on his face.

They were both as happy as they could ever be.