Best friends - Jorbyn

Corbyn's POV
-August 27th-
I walked into my high school for the first day this year, I'll be graduating this year so I'm pretty excited. I walked to my locker and put everything in it.

"Corbyn!" I heard Jonah yell from the other end of the hallway.

"Hey Jonah! How was your summer?" I asked as he approached me.

"Great, How was yours?" he asked.

"It was great," I answered as I closed my locker.

"Hey babe," I heard a girl say as she wrapped her arms around Jonah. She had dark brown hair, like Jonah's, it was down to about her mid back, she had light brown eyes and she was about 5'4.

"Hey, so uh Corbyn, this is my girlfriend Maddison, we've been together for about a month and a half, and Maddison this is my best friend, Corbyn," Jonah explained. My heart completely shattered, I've had a secret crush on Jonah for about a year now, and as we were finally getting close to each other again, he gets a girlfriend. I don't think he'll ever like me back, but I can't help who I like. "Corbyn?" Jonah asked waving a hand in front of my face.

"Oh sorry, Uh hi, I'm Corbyn," I said waving to Maddison.

"Hi Corbyn! It's nice to meet you," Maddison replied with a smile.

"I better get to class, see you guys later," I said then walked to my math class.

*Lunch*

I sat down at the usual table that Jonah and I always sit at together. I waited for him to come but I heard his laugh coming from another table. I looked over and saw Jonah with his arm around Maddison talking to the popular kids, this isn't the Jonah that I know. I sighed as I started to eat my lunch.

*After school*

As soon as I got home I threw my bag to the side and went upstairs to my room, I plopped onto my bed and got out my phone to see a text from Jonah.

Jo: Hey Corbyn! What's up?
Me: Why would you care?
Jo: Because we're friends...?
Me: I thought you would be making out with Maddison or hanging out with the popular kids
Jo: What do you mean?
Me: I was waiting for you to come sit with me at lunch like we always do, but you never came
Jo: Corbyn, I'm so sorry, they invited me to sit with them and I felt bad saying no
Me: Well last year you had no problem saying no to their invitation
Jo: I'm sorry, I completely forgot that we sit together
Me: You forgot? We've been sitting together since the first day of high school, how could you forget?
Jo: I'm sorry Corbyn
-read-

I put my phone down and after about half an hour I heard it go off multiple times, to the point where it was annoying. I got up and grabbed my phone and read all of the messages from Jonah.

Jo: Corbyn this is Jonah's mom, Jonah just fainted and we're at the hospital if you'd like to come, I know that you guys are in an argument but I thought I'd let you know
Me: I'll be there as soon as I can

I shoved my phone into my back pocket and ran downstairs, I quickly put on my shoes then ran out to my car. I pulled out of the driveway and quickly drove to the hospital. I ran into the hospital and went up to the front desk.

"I'm here for Jonah Frantzich," I told the lady at the front desk.

"Ok, floor 2 room 204," She said.