Chapter 47

Mallory's POV

-- 1 year later --

I'm now 6 and a half years old. I'm still with 'parents'. I learned that my 'dads' name is Nick and my 'moms' name is Lacy.

I would think I wouldn't be here today because they swore on their lives they would end mine if it's the last thing they would do. It turns out, they wanted me just to beat when their bored and actually have a 'family'.

They don't beat me everyday, but they will every other day.

We still live in California and the sad thing is, we live only 3 blocks away from the guys. My real family that I belong with right now.

I actually tried to escape one day, but they caught me and beat me. I honestly thought that was my last day, but they stopped beating me when they cracked 3 of my ribs and my face was completely bruised.

I never tried to run away again. They even put bars in my room. I'm literally in jail right now.

That was months ago though. They 'trust' me now, so they take me out when we go grocery shopping. On my 6th birthday, they even took me to the park and fro-yo. I was a bit surprised, but didn't complain.

We needed to change our appearance so Lucy cut her hair right below her shoulders and dies it black. Nick died his hair dark brown since he was blonde, and well since my hair was brown, I does it black. I begged Lucy to keep my hair the same length though and she agreed.

They even worked out everyday so their no longer big. Their really fit now.

Sometimes, I even try to think they didn't give me up and they actually love me. I think that so it would easier living with them.

My parents try to be nice to me, but I don't fall for it. I'm disgusted that they think I will forget what they did to me in the past.

One day, I will reunite with my real family. If they even remember me...

Connor's POV

It's been 1 year. 1 freaking year that Mallory hasn't returned.

We tried looking for her but gave up when the police said that they were sure they weren't in California anymore.

There hasn't been a day where I haven't thought about Mallory. I think about her day and night. On weekends I still look for her. Kian comes with me, but the others think we're wasting our time.

Me and Kian still have something in our guts telling us shes still here and close. The only thing I have that's valuable to me is a necklace that has 'M' on it. Mallory has the other side with 'C' on it.

"CONNOR WE DONT HAVE FOOD" Sam yelled

"GO GET FOOD" I yelled back

"BUTTTTTT CONNNORRRRR" he yelled back

"Fine! Kian! Jc! Ricky! Let's go" I shouted

"Why do I gotta go?" Ricky sassed

"Do you want food?" I said

"Uhh" ricky said

"That's what I thought. LEGGO" I said/ shouted the last part.

"Trevor stay with Sam and make sure he doesn't drive my car again!" Ricky said. (Remember the trampoline incident? Ohhh sam ily)

"No promises" Trevor said

Ricky gave him a glare and Trevor put up his hands in surrender.

Cam, Nash, Matt, and Carter are on a MagCon tour right now. They will be back next week. They are also keeping an eye out for Mallory. So far, nothing.

We finally got in the car and Ricky drove us to the market. The car ride there was blasting 5sos.

We finally reached the market and got out. We shopped for like 30 min. and was looking for some random things for our challenge for this week.

We all separated and met at the Dairy section to grab milk. When we were leaving the Dairy section, something caught my eye.

Mallory's POV

Nick and Lucy said we needed to get food because we were going empty. I don't know how they got all this money, but they have a lot. They probably took it from someone.

They invited me and I gladly accepted because I wanted to get out of this hell hole. It's worse than school.

We reached the market and shopped for 10 min. We needed to get cheese so we were on our way to the Dairy section.

Then I saw a familiar face. He turned towards me and his face was shocked.

It was my daddy.

___________________________

Comment if you like the story❤️