Chapter 42

Still JC's POV

We all looked at each other and walked in to see... No Mallory?

"Mallory?" I called out.

No answer.

We quickly ran around her room and around the house and still couldn't find her. We checked the bathroom, her closet, her bed, and anywhere she could hide from us. Then I heard Carter say "guys! I found a piece of paper from Mallory"

We all ran to him and he showed us the paper. It said "Sori - Mallory" her 'S' was even backwards. She meant to spell sorry, but for what?

We all looked at each other confused. Then I remembered what Connor said to her. That this whole mess is Mallory's fault. I'm mad at Connor, but I know he didn't mean it. I know he loves Mallory.

"Where do you think she could have gone? We checked everywhere " Matt said breaking the silence.

I looked up and looked to the side of me. Her window was fully open. Usually, we just leave a crack for air to come in. I quickly dashed to her window and saw tiny mud foot prints at the bottom. "No!" I screamed which got everyone's attention.

"What?!" Kian yelled

"M-Mallory's not here. She ran away cause she thinks everyone is unhappy because of her." I said

Connor's eyes grew wide and he quickly ran out of the room.

Connor's POV

After what JC said, it all made sense. She thinks it's her fault for what's been going on because of what I had to say. I'm so dumb!

I quickly ran out of Mallory's room and ran out of the house to my car. Before I got in, the rest of the guys came running out.

"We're coming" JC said

"We love Mallory as much as you do" Nash said

"Half of you get in my car and the other half go with Ricky." I commanded "Ricky, you go the opposite way from me and go look around. We'll meet back here in 3 hours. If you find her, call one of us" I continued

Everyone nodded and did what was told. We went down town after and hour. For the first hour, we looked around our neighbor hood because Mallory couldn't have gone that far right? We even asked neighbors if they saw anything and they all said no, but they'll keep an eye out for Mallory.

We were currently downtown and we saw Ricky guys. We called them over and they came.

"Any sign?" I asked with hope

"No" Ricky sighed.

I fell to the ground and out my head in my hands "this is all my fault" I said while breaking into tears. I didn't care if anyone saw me. I just lost my freakin kid.

"We'll find her Connor. We always did" Sam said while patting my back.

Kian and Matt helped me up and we went back to the car and drove back to the house.

Mallory's POV

I decided to leave the guys because what daddy said was true. It is all my fault. If they didn't adopt me, my parents wouldn't have interfered with them. It's me they want and the guys always stress out too much about me.

I grabbed my pink glitter back pack and packed 3 t-shirts, 3 shorts, 1 pants, my brush, and my necklace that the guys gave me for becoming part of the family. It's a heart that's broken and daddy has the other side. The guys thought dad should keep the other side since he adopted me.

I opened my window and climbed all the way to the ground, since it was that far down. Once I reached the ground, I ran and ran and ran to where ever my little feet could take me.

It's been about 2-4 hours since I ran away. I ended up at a beach. I decided to just sit down and relax. Then I heard familiar voices.

I heard daddy, I mean Connor yell Ricky's name to come over to him. I didn't want to risk being seen, so I ran away again.

This time I ended up at a different side of the beach. No one was h--

"Well well well" I heard a voice that interrupted me from my thoughts

I turned around to see. Kalie.

___________________________

Kalie is the orphanage owner from the beginning and stuff.

VOTE AND COMMENT!

ALSO FOLLOW ME AND ADD MY BOOK TO YOUR READING LIST😌❤️