{29} Birthday

Third pov

It's been two weeks since the incident with the sludge villian. When Shiyoko went to school Minato and Katashi stormed the girl with worried questions then scolded her for being reckless like the kid she was with, then went on to scold Katsuki for not protecting her properly, despite the fact that he wasn't there. Shiyoko waved them off and laughed at them knowing that when they saw Katsuki they'd actually yell at him. Which they did and the end result was them running away from the angered boy.

Recently Mitsuki seemed to be acting strange to Shiyoko, worse yet for Masaru who broke out in sweat everytime she was in the room. It confused her greatly. Katsuki was the same at least, always yelling at her to hurry up and leave or always pushing her out of the house. It was these moments that Mitsuki appriciated Katsuki's rough behaviour towards Shiyoko which in turn made her not notice things.

It was Friday now and everyone in the house, besides Shiyoko, was awake. They were doing the final preparations for a surprise for Shiyoko. Katsuki was to make sure she didn't wake up and if she did keep her upstairs. They were almost finished setting up when Shiyoko woke up and walked out of her room heading downstairs.

Before she could take a step down the first stair she was lifted by the collar of her shirt and turned to look into the red eyes of Katsuki.

"Where do you think you're going Aoimoku?"

"Downstairs? I smell okaa's food and otou is there." She pouted.

"Hah!? Are you saying you don't wanna see me?!"

"Well no, but--"

"What's the date today Aoimoku?" The question caught Shiyoko off guard before she blinked and thought about it.

"Today...today is the 5th of...May..." Shiyoko told him before she frowned. Katsuki stared at her in silence as he watched her mood drop. He noticed Masaru down the steps silently begging for a little more time.

Huffing Katsuki walked into his room with Shiyoko still dangling in the air and lost in thought, he had a small idea of why she was suddenly upset.

"Hey." She looked up realizing she was sitting on Katsuki's bed "What did he do?" The question made her flinch "Tell me."

"This was the day he experimented on me the longest... where the pain and my punishments were the worst. Every month he choose a day to do those, but this date was my worst. He marked it, saying he would do it again.. it's also...the day kaa-san died... that day was horrible..." Shiyoko hid her face in her hands as if trying to hide herself from the world like she did on this same day last year.

She thought she was over this, she had a new family but damn it! It still hurt and terrified her of the things her father would do the moment he gets his hands on her. This was the day his sanity had completely left him and he went from the man she begged for comfort to the man she feared the most.

Why...why am I still so terrified of him? She thought shaking as she buried herself deep into her thoughts.

Katsuki stared blankly at her for a while, watching as this happened. With a roll of his eyes and an annoyed huffing he pried Shiyoko's hands away from her face.

"Oii..." she looked up at him "...You're mother's death was not your fault, she did what she felt was right, so don't beat yourself up about it. I've told you this before and I'm going to tell you it again. Your father is a piece of fucking shit." She smiled "And the day I see him, I'm going to make him look and feel like a piece of fucking shit." He growled. Shiyoko giggled tears in her eyes.

That's right... Onii-chan is here for me. He'll protect me for sure! This time I wanna protect him too! Shiyoko wiped away her tears then looked up at Katsuki with a bright smile.