{11} Snow day with Tou-san

Third pov

Shiyoko had no school today, the teachers called it a snow day. She was confused at first wondering why she didn't have school just because of the snow. Minato told her it was because of how heavy the snow was falling which made it hard for teachers and students alike to get to school through the heavy snow. She understood after. Now Shiyoko was home with Masaru and they were both watching Christians movies that started showing since last week. She liked the shows but she was bored and felt like she could fall asleep at any moment if she kept watching this.

"Ne, tou-san." Shiyoko called out having thought of an idea.

"Hmm?"

"Can we go play in the snow?" She asked looking up at him. Masaru frowned and looked out his window. The snow had eased up but he still wasn't sure.

"I'm not sure..."

"Please? It'll be fun..we can build a  snowman and have snowball fights!" She suddenly paused a confused look crossing her face. "Wait... tou-san, how do you build a snowman?"

Masaru was shocked. She didn't know how to build a snowman!? Was she locked inside on snow days like this too!?!?

"Were you allowed to play outside?" He asked.

"No, he didn't want anyone to know about his 'prize'. They knew he had a child, that much I could tell, but they never saw me so they didn't know if I was a girl or boy. He said he didn't want me in the snow because it could harm me and attract attention." Shiyoko explained.

Masaru only stared with a frown on his face. So while all the other kids played outside in the snow from the moment they could walk, she was stuck inside because of her old man fearing people looking at her...because she was his prize?  Masaru sighed agreeing with his wife and son that Shiyoko had a piece of shit as her father.

"Alright, get your coat. I'm going to teach you how to build a snowman." Shiyoko smiled happily and went to get her coat and boots.

She decided to wear another one Katsuki's old jacket that she found in his closet amongst his other old clothes. Though it was smaller than the first one she had put on, it was still too big but she found it comfortable and felt safe when she put it on, so with that thought she kept it on. Smiling, she went outside to meet Masaru waiting for her by the steps.

"Alright. I'm going to show you how to build a snowman!" He exclaimed holding up a carrot and two black buttons.

Shiyoko gave him a confused look causing him to smile. Masaru began to intstruct Shiyoko on what to do while helping her do it. They talked and laughed and threw snow at each other. They destroyed their first snowman by falling onto it. They finished built their second snowman only for it to fall apart and the head to roll away. They stared in shock before Shiyoko began to laugh when the head got ran over in the road, crushing it and breaking the carrot in half. Masaru could do nothing but smile softly down at his daughter.

He realized that out of Mitsuki and Katsuki, he had spent the least amount of time with her. Yes he stayed home a day with her to watch over Katsuki but even then he was more distracted and Katsuki was the one who really took care of her when they went to bring her back home to get some rest after realizing she had been sick for a few days. He remembered reading about all the things Shiyoko's shit father wrote about how her punishments were and what she wasn't allowed to do. Her punishments were always beatings, but he only beat her as to not leave a mark for too long imprinted on her skin. He knew she wasn't allowed to go outside by herself only with her mother and she wasn't allowed to even see her mother that much!

She wasn't allowed to get sick or show her pain when she got hurt. She wasn't allowed to cry or be scared of anything a normal child would get scared of, she had to hide it all. Everything that made her a child she wasn't allowed to be. He was forcing a one year old to be an adult way, way too early, and instilling fear in her when he was supposed to give her a sense of security. Masaru shook his head bringing himself out of his thoughts about a piece of shit that was not longer around.