{13} Katashi and the truth

Edited

Note! Shiyoko does not remember the date for her birthday, so after Christmas, she counted herself as three years old. She wasn't born anywhere near December though. This is just a way for her to keep track of her age.

Third pov

Shiyoko and Minato sat in class talking about how their Christmas went. Minato went to another part of Japan that Shiyoko didn't bother to remember, to visit his grandfather. She had told him of her first Christmas, not that he knew that... she just excitedly told him everything that happened. When class started and they had some mathematics work to do Shiyoko groaned.

"I hate this subject... I really do!" She pouted. Minato looked over at her work and chuckled.

"And yet you're breezing through the questions like nothing." He rolled his eyes.

"Ah don't be like that. I never said I wanted to fail the topic. Besides, onii-chan went through these things with me." Minato chuckled and they continued to talk and tease, in Minato's case, each other.

At break time the kids decided to play tag again and while one of the older kids was it, Minato and Shiyoko hid up in a tree watching everyone get caught.

"We'll get caught, you know..." Shiyoko said.

"We won't. We're up in a tree."

"We will, it doesn't matter that we're in a tree!"

"We won't get caug-"

"You're it!"

Minato got tagged leaving him in shock as the girl and Shiyoko laughed as they climbed off the tree and began to run away from him. Smiling and jumping off the tree, Minato began to chase after Shiyoko.

"Come back here! How dare you leave me?!" He yelled in fake anger. Shiyoko laughed dodging him and running around a tree to get away from him.

"I did it cause you got tagged! " She giggled.

Minato smirked and jumped pouncing onto Shiyoko and sending them both to the ground.

"Ha. You're it." He said calmly with a smug smirk on his face.

Shiyoko huffed and began chasing everyone around to see who she could catch. The break was over before she got the chance. For Shiyoko after break she was either allowed to go to sleep, seeing as how she was three and tended to randomly fall asleep after breaks, or she could have stayed up on her own accrued and do the work Hachiro made specifically for her to do.

This time she took the nap. Minato was sitting in his seat doing his own activity when he felt a sudden tug on his tail. He ignored it at first until it happened again and again. Growling he turned to yell at the person who was constantly tugging his tail only to see Shiyoko's head resting on it. He blinked before sighing and moving his tail gently away from his sleeping friend.

When Shiyoko groaned and reached out for his tail, tugging it again he glanced at her. Thinking up an idea, Minato wrapped her upper half with his tail causing her to snuggle into it. Shaking his head and smiling slightly, Minato went back to his work. Hachiro noticed their interaction and smiled deciding to leave them since they weren't interrupting the class.

Once school was over the two made their way to the forest behind the school. It was where they went to relax and just be by themselves before their older siblings come for them. Finding their tree they sat in between the branches getting comfortable on the grass and relaxing as they watched the clouds pass by.

"Ne Shiyoko, how are you able to handle your brother?" Minato asked suddenly.

"Hmm. I was scared of him at first but after spending my first night there with him, I felt safer with him around so I guess I got used to his behavior." Shiyoko said keeping her eyes on the clouds.